Am i in breach of my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
hannah467
Posts: 2
by hannah467 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:02 pm
Hi just a quick one, my house had sold 3 weeks ish ago, I would of had 3000 back from it, but because I was on the verge of being homeless, my ex paid for my bond rent and fees which I had to owe her out of the money, so I rang up my company, and told them I had the remainder of the money, and whether they need it as I didn’t wanna get into trouble. I am a worrier as a person. I contacted them several times, and didn’t get a answer straight away, the last person said that I’m in breech of contract, and they might need to end my Iva! Which I can not afford to do! She came up with a solution of holding another creditors meeting and to put another year on my Iva. She said it’ll take 6 weeks ish till I know, but I’ll still be getting a breech of contract? Please help! I’m only 24.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26914
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:31 pm
hannah467 wrote:
Hi just a quick one, my house had sold 3 weeks ish ago, I would of had 3000 back from it, but because I was on the verge of being homeless, my ex paid for my bond rent and fees which I had to owe her out of the money, so I rang up my company, and told them I had the remainder of the money, and whether they need it as I didn’t wanna get into trouble. I am a worrier as a person. I contacted them several times, and didn’t get a answer straight away, the last person said that I’m in breech of contract, and they might need to end my Iva! Which I can not afford to do! She came up with a solution of holding another creditors meeting and to put another year on my Iva. She said it’ll take 6 weeks ish till I know, but I’ll still be getting a breech of contract? Please help! I’m only 24.



The Breach will have been rectified by the creditors agreeing to the extension, so, if the do agree, there will be no problem.
However, I stand by my reply to your earlier post on this subject .... you said that they agreed to you keeping the monery in a phone call (which you followed up with an email). Ask for a copy of that phone call recording. If they agreed there was no breach anyway and no need for a meeting or extension to remedy.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests