Am I really near the end?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

jim259

Post by jim259 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:21 pm
I am in the last month of my IVA, and as I could not release equity from my house, I have paid the IVA for a further year. Is this the end of it or can they come back again for more money.
Thanks for any advice

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:38 pm
They will, in the normal course of closedown, go over the last 6 years to make sure that all extra income has been accounted for and that no payments have been missed .... if that is all in order then they will issue the completion certificate in due course --- this process can take a few months with some providers, but, usually, 2 or 3. After that they only have a call on things like PPI ( or the next miss-selling scandal) or windfalls that existed during or prior to the IVA and come to light. From completion onwards, your money is your own.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:14 pm
Sounds good to me!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

cbdawg

Post by cbdawg » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:54 pm
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:38 pmFoggy wrote:
They will, in the normal course of closedown, go over the last 6 years to make sure that all extra income has been accounted for and that no payments have been missed .... if that is all in order then they will issue the completion certificate in due course --- this process can take a few months with some providers, but, usually, 2 or 3. After that they only have a call on things like PPI ( or the next miss-selling scandal) or windfalls that existed during or prior to the IVA and come to light. From completion onwards, your money is your own.
What do they usual ask for with regards to extra income etc? I've never had extra income just usual pay rises that have been addressed.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:24 pm
Overtime, bonuses or windfalls. Nothing else.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”