Amigo rejected my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
danielle625
by danielle625 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:57 am
My Iva was turned down by amigo, I don’t know what to do my guarantor can’t afford it his hours have been cut, and we are in the process of losing our home
Help
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:09 pm
Even if Amigo had accepted the IVA your guarantor would still be liable for the payments you missed. We can only offer sympathy and support sorry. It doesn't help you or your guarantor but your situation isn't going to get any better soon so you need to come up with a plan B. Was Amigo the deciding voter with 75% of the debt in your proposal? If this is the case then an IVA just isn't the path you need to keep treading, you may seriously need to think about bankruptcy if like you say you are going to lose your house anyway. I hope it all works out for you but there are paths you can take, some not as palatable as others.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 pm
I am sorry, but I can only echo Merlin's advice. Your guarantor should also seek advice as Amigo will look to him or her for repayment in the event that you default.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:05 am
Really sorry to hear your iva was rejected - as Merlin and Foggy have said consideration to other options needs to be given now - is bankruptcy not the best option now ?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm
I agree .
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”