Annual review towards the end of our iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

michelle598

User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by michelle598 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm
Hi, we are now coming to the end of our IVA with Stepchange (who have been excellent). Our last payment will be in Jan 2019 and we usually have our review in Nov so it is done and dusted by Christmas. I am just wondering what is likely to happen as obviously they won't be setting payments for the next year?

luna

User avatar
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by luna » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:42 pm
Hi,

Our final review just consisted of P60's and a couple of wage slips.

CC was in a matter of a few weeks.

Well done, we found them really good throughout.
IVA completed with StepChange.
Last payment Sept 2016 CC Oct 2016

michelle598

User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by michelle598 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:51 pm
luna wrote:
Hi,

Our final review just consisted of P60's and a couple of wage slips.

CC was in a matter of a few weeks.

Well done, we found them really good throughout.
Thanks Luna,
I was just wondering if they will then want them again after the last payment?

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28553
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:58 pm
I imagine they will hold off the final review until the final payment. No point in doing it in November and then a couple of months later.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

michelle598

User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by michelle598 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:17 pm
Foggy wrote:
I imagine they will hold off the final review until the final payment. No point in doing it in November and then a couple of months later.
Thanks Foggy - that was what I was thinking they may do - just hope it doesn't hold up our completion certificate :?

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28553
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:12 pm
I suppose it will vary from firm to firm, but I had a review when my marriage left me a single parent which led to a F&F offer a couple of months later. My IP stated on the final report that he didn't consider a final review was necessary as it would just be the same as the review recently conducted. Sometimes common sense does prevail. :)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

michelle598

User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by michelle598 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 pm
Foggy wrote:
I suppose it will vary from firm to firm, but I had a review when my marriage left me a single parent which led to a F&F offer a couple of months later. My IP stated on the final report that he didn't consider a final review was necessary as it would just be the same as the review recently conducted. Sometimes common sense does prevail. :)
Thanks Foggy - you would hope so :) I am just eager for this last stretch to be over now. May I also take this opportunity to thank yourself, Luna and Kallis. I may not have actually posted before but all your posts have frequently been a source of reassurance during the last six years.

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74287
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:11 am
Pleased we have been able to help. :D
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”