Annual Review Worries

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
r4c2
by r4c2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:13 pm
Hi all, I am new here, sorry if I am posting in the wrong places :(

IVA has been accepted as of 13/12/17 with Payplan.

I know I've only just been accepted but already I am stressing over my first review next year. I have googled endlessly and looked on this forum but I cant get a straight answer of exactly what I will need for the review? (Also keep asking Payplan but they keep ignoring or answering other questions and dodging that one)

Do I need 12 months payslips? If not, how many do I need?
Will I need to send bank statements?
Do I have to send a P60? If yes, it will be half from before I started my IVA, what if I got any bonuses months before my IVA even started but because it will throw my P60 off they will put up my payment when really it doesn't reflect that years earnings? (if I have explained that well enough)

Sorry for the questions but I am just feeling uncomfortable about sending in bank statements and also just need to know to keep my payslips aside if it is a years worth.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:19 pm
I am afraid that review requirements tend to vary from IP to IP as well as review to review with the same IP ! It is always good practice to keep payslips and bank statements filed in a box file for easy reference IF needed. Then you just produce what they ask for at the time. Even if they do not ask for payslips, for instance, you might need to produce them to back up something like the arguement you mentioned regarding bonus payments. So always best to keep them to hand. P60's aren't often required as running totals are printed on most payslips anyway --- but, hey, it's only another bit of paper for the box file !

Try not to stress or over-think.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:07 pm
I never had to supply bank statements at any review, but that may not be the case with your IVA company. All my payslips and P60's were emailed to my IP as .pdf documents as I got them via online HR from work, we never got paper copies. It can be a daunting thought, thinking you are not going to have what they request, but it will be fine.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:26 pm
I had to supply payslips every 3 months plus P60. I used to print all of them off and send them off. I was with Payplan.
watzki
by watzki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 pm
I had to supply payslips every six months but no bank statements we also had to send off p60''s aswell.
So you see each company is different
J5453
by J5453 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:06 pm
Hi there,

I'm with Payplan too and almost finished with a few payments to go.

I only needed my bank statements to hand but needed to send in 3 months worth of payslips and my current P60. Then every year, the review would be 3 months payslips and P60 when available sent in.

The reviews are over the phone and not that stressful at all. You can send payslips and p60 through by their online Payplan Plus facility once you have an account making it easier for them to see your documents rather than days waiting for the post.

I find that Payplan do leave you alone as long as you complete the reviews as soon as they request it but especially towards the end and don't really chase you for much.

Hope that helps.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 pm
Hope the responses have given some reassurance - it is daunting that first review but I promise you it will be fine.

Have 12 pouches in your box file - one for each month - add your payslips, receiots etc to them so you can easily produce evidence of anything asked - I particularly kept receipts for car repairs; house maintenance costs etc that were over the monthly allowances.
r4c2
by r4c2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:41 am
Thank you all for your responses, much appreciated.

I feel a little bit better about it now. I will keep a box file throughout the year of all the bits I need. :)
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:04 am
Have you signed in to Payplan plus? If not, I recommend it. It's a useful tool.
r4c2
by r4c2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:06 am
kallis3 wrote:
Have you signed in to Payplan plus? If not, I recommend it. It's a useful tool.

Yes, I did straight away. I like to be very organised so was super happy to have an app on my phone for my IVA! :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”