Annual reviews during COVID-19

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 pm
I was just wondering if anyone has had a review during lockdown whilst having reduced travel costs (working from home) as currently I am working at home and not paying travel fares. I emailed Stepchange in April to ask if I needed to make extra payments temporarily, the answer I received was around the earning threshold I have and if I pass that I would have to pay under the 10/50/50 rules. It doesn't put me past there so no extra payments have been made. My review is due in September and I am beginning to wonder on the "what if" in the event I am still working at home at that point. I considered putting money onto my travel card at the start of Sept if still at home so a transaction is shown as evidence of outgoings. If they increase my payments now, they would have to review / decrease payments after a couple of months should the situation change.

I know I am working on ifs and maybes but wondered if anyone has had an experience of this, and how it was considered?

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:36 pm
All guesswork, but, if I were an IP and income didn't increase, I would be inclined to offset 'savings' in travel against the increased costs of working from home (power, water, all those extra snacks and other covid related increases).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:55 am
Cheers Foggy. I did wonder about the increases in other things. Who knows by then I might be back in the office anyway and just be wondering for the sake of it now! It has been nice to have the extra money each month recently though!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”