Another annual review post

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:00 pm
Evening all, I know annual review questions seem to have been asked a lot lately, this post is more a moan at my own impatience and a vent about insurers!

I sent my forms back after the kerfuffle getting it done (mentioned in a previous post) and now it feels like I am a junior been sent to a hardware store for a "long weight."

In all honesty I know the timescale, some 7 working days on from my returning it, probably isn't a long wait at all. I am not the most patient of souls however, each working day I am checking my emails and spam folder to see if there is a response!

I had a frustrating moment earlier when my house insurance renewal was crazy high so I filled out the forms on a comparison site, ticking no to bankruptcy, then got put through to an insurers site and their sweeping statement grouped a declaration that I had said no one in the property was bankrupt or making payments into an IVA. I redid the comparisons and ticked bankruptcy and then got different providers, and the next one said just bankruptcy on their info... No mention of IVA payments. In the end I rang them. I worked on the basis that should they later try to say I was insolvent and didn't declare it, with all the legalities of selling and misselling of financial products, they would be keeping call recordings and could refer back to my call. The woman on the phone didn't know how to treat it so she had to put me on hold and check. Renewal in theory is now half the price of current company, but I am convinced they are going to cancel and revoke the policy because of the IVA.
Sally1966
by Sally1966 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:35 am
[quote="Mrs_Brown"]Evening all, I know annual review questions seem to have been asked a lot lately, this post is more a moan at my own impatience and a vent about insurers!

I sent my forms back after the kerfuffle getting it done (mentioned in a previous post) and now it feels like I am a junior been sent to a hardware store for a "long weight."

In all honesty I know the timescale, some 7 working days on from my returning it, probably isn't a long wait at all. I am not the most patient of souls however, each working day I am checking my emails and spam folder to see if there is a response!

I had a frustrating moment earlier when my house insurance renewal was crazy high so I filled out the forms on a comparison site, ticking no to bankruptcy, then got put through to an insurers site and their sweeping statement grouped a declaration that I had said no one in the property was bankrupt or making payments into an IVA. I redid the comparisons and ticked bankruptcy and then got different providers, and the next one said just bankruptcy on their info... No mention of IVA payments. In the end I rang them. I worked on the basis that should they later try to say I was insolvent and didn't declare it, with all the legalities of selling and misselling of financial products, they would be keeping call recordings and could refer back to my call. The woman on the phone didn't know how to treat it so she had to put me on hold and check. Renewal in theory is now half the price of current company, but I am convinced they are going to cancel and revoke the policy because of the IVA.[/quote

I changed both my house insurance and car insurance without any problems so you should be ok and I did it online
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 pm
Thanks, hope so :) haven't had a cancellation email (yet!)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”