Aperture delay!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Pied piper
by Pied piper » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:38 am
I paid a F&F settlement to Aperture on 8th December and they stated it would take up to 6 months to send my CC. No surprise from reading on here that it didn't arrive. I contacted them on 11 June and they promised me it would be prioritised and with me within 2 weeks. It wasn't so I called them again on the 25 June to say it was never prioritised but it would be now and again it would be with me within 2 weeks. Not having much faith in them I called again this morning to find it still hadn't been looked at and wouldn't be with me by next week and that I should never have been told that. Nothing seems to hurry them up. It is now 7 months since they've had my money. I have been given notice on the rental property I am in as the landlord has sold it and without my CC I am unable to rent elsewhere so me and my family will be homeless. Any ideas what I can do ?
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:03 pm
I would give them a call (if you can get through!) and explain you are at risk of having nowhere to live and the imminent nature of this means you should hopefully be treated as a vulnerable person. If there is no way you can be prioritised due to this, then I would be putting in a complaint. In fact I think I would be complaining anyway. My documents say to allow 6months for admin at the end (although I am not with them) and if yours says similar and that time has elapsed, without any notications to explain the delay, I think you have a reasonable case.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:30 pm
You have grounds for a complaint, which can be escalated to their regulatory body --- who cannot intervene but can issue a hefty fine. Initially I would write, by recorded snail mail, direct to the IP ( keeping copies).
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”