Aperture ..... Feeling very frustrated!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Jo1979
Posts: 40
by Jo1979 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:59 am
So we made our final payment on August 28th 2017... 6 years of payments due to added year in Leiu of equity... never missed a payment.... never late paying.... and now Apperture are completely ignoring all correspondence!
Emailed them using their three customer service email addresses on Oct 4th asking for an acknowledgment that our closure process was underway.... zero response.... filled in a form on their "client portal" over 3 weeks ago.... zero reply.
Email the theee email addresses again on Oct 24th ... Zero reply. This is so flipping frustrating!!! We have been through hell & back the last 6 years and I just want this over with. I'm so disappointed with Aperture yet again taking on more than they can cope with. Reading posts from people receiving their CCs within weeks from other companies. Aperture haven't even got the decency to give me an update.... I'm losing patience I just want to know that we aren't at the bottom of a huge pile
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24127
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:20 am
Look up your IP on the Insolvency Service website --- there you will find his email address and postal address. Write by email AND snail mail DIRECT to the IP (recorded delivery) lodging a formal complaint which you will escalate to their regulatory body if you get no response withing a given time frame.
User avatar
wildcat
Posts: 7
by wildcat » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:42 am
Jo1979 wrote:
So we made our final payment on August 28th 2017... 6 years of payments due to added year in Leiu of equity... never missed a payment.... never late paying.... and now Apperture are completely ignoring all correspondence!
Emailed them using their three customer service email addresses on Oct 4th asking for an acknowledgment that our closure process was underway.... zero response.... filled in a form on their "client portal" over 3 weeks ago.... zero reply.
Email the theee email addresses again on Oct 24th ... Zero reply. This is so flipping frustrating!!! We have been through hell & back the last 6 years and I just want this over with. I'm so disappointed with Aperture yet again taking on more than they can cope with. Reading posts from people receiving their CCs within weeks from other companies. Aperture haven't even got the decency to give me an update.... I'm losing patience I just want to know that we aren't at the bottom of a huge pile


I'm in a similar predicament, in July 2017 I finished a 7 year IVA I payed more in than original debt due to their charges (£67000). Received a letter end of July saying my IVA has been extended by 6 months but have completed all payments so have been waiting for completion certificate. Found out today that Aperture are dealing with DFD IVA's not that I can get hold of them to ask. My credit files show the IVA is still active. Looks like i'll be spending the next few weeks trying to find my CC. Based on your post i'm not confident at all in getting this sorted. :cry:
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24127
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 am
wildcat wrote:
Jo1979 wrote:
So we made our final payment on August 28th 2017... 6 years of payments due to added year in Leiu of equity... never missed a payment.... never late paying.... and now Apperture are completely ignoring all correspondence!
Emailed them using their three customer service email addresses on Oct 4th asking for an acknowledgment that our closure process was underway.... zero response.... filled in a form on their "client portal" over 3 weeks ago.... zero reply.
Email the theee email addresses again on Oct 24th ... Zero reply. This is so flipping frustrating!!! We have been through hell & back the last 6 years and I just want this over with. I'm so disappointed with Aperture yet again taking on more than they can cope with. Reading posts from people receiving their CCs within weeks from other companies. Aperture haven't even got the decency to give me an update.... I'm losing patience I just want to know that we aren't at the bottom of a huge pile


I'm in a similar predicament, in July 2017 I finished a 7 year IVA I payed more in than original debt due to their charges (£67000). Received a letter end of July saying my IVA has been extended by 6 months but have completed all payments so have been waiting for completion certificate. Found out today that Aperture are dealing with DFD IVA's not that I can get hold of them to ask. My credit files show the IVA is still active. Looks like i'll be spending the next few weeks trying to find my CC. Based on your post i'm not confident at all in getting this sorted. :cry:



During my decade or so here, Aperture / Grant Thornton have made several aquisitions and changes -- all of them have been frustrating experience for all concerned and they do not seem to have learnt, as a company, to resource and impliment such changes. I am afraid it will be a waiting game !
User avatar
Jo1979
Posts: 40
by Jo1979 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:33 pm
Very strange..... after posting on here I literally just received an email ..... doesn't really give me any indication whatsoever that they are even working on our closure.....



Good afternoon ,

Thank you for your recent email and i write to you regarding the same.

I hope this finds you well.

I can confirm receipt of your final payment and your case has been logged for closure. Our closure process typically takes approximately 3-6 months from the final payment date. Once the case has closed, you will be issued with your Certificate of Completion.

I trust the above is in order, however, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 03339397920 or by email to ivacustomerservices@aperture.uk.com.



Kind Regards,

John
FormerlyST1100
Posts: 20
by FormerlyST1100 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:12 pm
Just shows the difference in companies ... Stepchange has thousands of customers and only one IP and able to get completion certificates out within 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait much longer.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24127
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:54 pm
FormerlyST1100 wrote:
Just shows the difference in companies ... Stepchange has thousands of customers and only one IP and able to get completion certificates out within 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait much longer.


Part of the reason for the inordinate delay by Aperture is that they "compartmentalise" every aspect of the IVA, so the first the "Completions Team" hear of your IVA is when it comes down the corridor and through their door, some weeks after tyhwe final payment --- in other firms they know completion is imminent and start the background work before the final payment.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests