Aperture, IPA and equity release

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

jane181

Post by jane181 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:54 pm
Hi I’m looking for some advice regarding my Aperture IVA. I completed 5 years in Nov and have challenged Aperture on their method for calculating equity release as this is different to the examples provided when I initially took out the IVA. I am not happy to pay an extra year for equity when on the original method there isn’t enough equity to have to do so! Aperture would not back down so the complaint has now been with the IPA since December. I have called the IPA for the last few weeks and asked for an update and have been told I will get a response the following week yet I’m still waiting to get a response. This is so frustrating!! Has anyone had any experience with this or am I just wasting my time?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:15 pm
Have you had your own valuation done?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:15 pm
Aperture are known for this aberrant calculation method. Initially they backed down when challenged, but have become more stubborn. If the method was embedded in the agreement then that is the method they should use. The IPA will, if they agree, slap a wrist maybe issue a fine but do not usually get involved in changing a course of action.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”