Aperture IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Angry99
by Angry99 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:28 pm
Very frustrated Aperture IVA customer, I'm now three months in to the IVA and still being harrassed by debters. Not only that, I have even had letters from a company claiming to of bought a debt of mine. Is this IVA through Aperture legit? I'm starting to panic, not helped by the fact that my phome calls and emails are going unanswered!
Someone please advise!
Thanks in advance!
dennis
by dennis » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:01 pm
Hi Angry99
any creditors that contact you just give them Apertures email address or if you know the name.of your IP.then give them there email any letters you receive scan and email to Aperture.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:20 pm
It does sometimes take time for things to filter down and you have nothing to worry about. Most debts are sold on. Do let Aperture know.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:39 am
The new debt owner is bound in the same way as the old one -- it is common for debts to be sold on. They get sold in auction style "lots" and the new owner might not even realize it is covered by an IVA. Aperture are one of those companies that you really have to ride to get any information out of them, but they are legit.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:15 pm
As frustrating as it is, you are covered from all your creditors. They can huff and puff, but you needn't worry about their lack of internal communications. Debts are sold on all the time by large creditors, it gets them off their books and relies on 'someone' else to administer the debt. Again don't worry you are still covered under the IVA no matter who buys the debt. It could take a fair few months to get sorted by these companies, in the mean time enjoy making paper airplanes out of their meaningless letters. If they contact you by phone flatly refuse to acknowledge who you are and refuse to answer their 'security' questions, they will get bored before you do.
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:01 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
As frustrating as it is, you are covered from all your creditors. They can huff and puff, but you needn't worry about their lack of internal communications. Debts are sold on all the time by large creditors, it gets them off their books and relies on 'someone' else to administer the debt. Again don't worry you are still covered under the IVA no matter who buys the debt. It could take a fair few months to get sorted by these companies, in the mean time enjoy making paper airplanes out of their meaningless letters. If they contact you by phone flatly refuse to acknowledge who you are and refuse to answer their 'security' questions, they will get bored before you do.

Refusing to answer security questions is something I discovered when I started in my IVA over six years ago. It can be quite amusing to see what response you get. It can vary from a hurt "but how can we help you if you won't co-operate" to "well on your own head be it, things will only get worse"

Of course they don't want to help you and things won't get worse, what they want is money.

In fact if you gave them money things could get worse as you would be favouring one creditor and the IVA could fail.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:17 pm
Blow a whistle down the phone or just put the phone down to a very loud music station - they will soon go away.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”