Aperture

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Jo1979

User avatar
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:13 pm
Location:

Post by Jo1979 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:57 pm
I have just sent a complaint via the government gateway to complain about Aperture. Enough is enough. In 6 days it’s 6 months since we made our final payment. Our creditors meeting was 12th August 2011 so our IVA began on that day I believe. Which means we are now over 6 months post end of our Iva which was 6 years due to equity in our house. I’m so fed up.

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28587
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm
I am afraid 6 months is Aperture's usual timeframe! They did show signs of recovery, but have, again, over stretched themselve to the cost of service standards.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

nuttymarbles

Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by nuttymarbles » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 am
Jo1979 wrote:
I have just sent a complaint via the government gateway to complain about Aperture. Enough is enough. In 6 days it’s 6 months since we made our final payment. Our creditors meeting was 12th August 2011 so our IVA began on that day I believe. Which means we are now over 6 months post end of our Iva which was 6 years due to equity in our house. I’m so fed up.
also complained to the gateway, 6 months just to acknowledge my documents for a full and final offer, and calling every week, disgusting.

dustypink66

Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by dustypink66 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 am
My last payment was January 2016. I have sent 5 emails and not had one response from them . I have called and got cut off . Does this normally happen to people who have finished paying their iva ? Is there anyone on this forum using them and still in contact with them I’m thinking they have closed down

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28587
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:22 am
dustypink66 wrote:
My last payment was January 2016. I have sent 5 emails and not had one response from them . I have called and got cut off . Does this normally happen to people who have finished paying their iva ? Is there anyone on this forum using them and still in contact with them I’m thinking they have closed down
Aperture are still trading --- but are renowned for their lack of having the courtesy to respond to emails or answer the phone. I would suggest a letter (by recorded snail mail) direct to the IP making a formal complaint, followed up, if need be, with a complaint to their regulatory body via the Government Gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

dustypink66

Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by dustypink66 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:33 pm
Ty

Rosie.dk

User avatar
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Rosie.dk » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:35 pm
:( IVA should have completed end Nov 2017 (9mths ago now). Wrote to Aperture by email and via their website end Nov to say understood all requirements completed and looked forward to receiving closure. Heard nothing, except standard immediate email receipt acknowledgement, so chased re closure 6 wks later, to be told 1 extra payment due (which we thought we'd paid - hence our messages to Aperture end Nov17!). Made extra payment end Jan18. Have been 'phone chasing monthly since then. Keep being told on priority list but still no closure, just a letter of intent to close. Now 7 months since extra payment made. Due to chase again tomorrow. Absolutely appalling service and appalling treatment of people in IVAs already stressed and finding daily living difficult. We expected 5 or 5.5 yrs of hell, not nearly (?) 7 years due to Aperture not closing accounts within acceptable timescales. Next step if no progress by tomorrow's phonecall: formal complaint to Aperture, then Govt Gateway and professional body complaints, and involving MP to get progress - and to raise issue in Parliament and via Govt. Aperture staff sound lovely, and seem to try their best, but Aperture are obviously understaffing and focusing on new business instead of closing off existing cases. Does Aperture come under Northern Ireland re complaints process, or standard rest-UK process?

tracy712

User avatar
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by tracy712 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:14 pm
My Iva was taken over by Aperture I was originally with Debt Free Direct, I have had nothing but problems with Aperture, I requested a settlement figure 3 months ago as I am selling my property in the end I had to complain about them and told them I had put a complaint in against them. Within 4 days I had my figure, BUT after paying into my Iva for 4 years the figure they have given me is a lot more than my original debt, £2600 more infact. So I have paid into this for four years and still owe more than my original debt, how does that work?

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28587
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:08 pm
tracy712 wrote:
My Iva was taken over by Aperture I was originally with Debt Free Direct, I have had nothing but problems with Aperture, I requested a settlement figure 3 months ago as I am selling my property in the end I had to complain about them and told them I had put a complaint in against them. Within 4 days I had my figure, BUT after paying into my Iva for 4 years the figure they have given me is a lot more than my original debt, £2600 more infact. So I have paid into this for four years and still owe more than my original debt, how does that work?
You always owe the original debt plus fees and statutory interest (which is lower than the contractual interest on most debts). A settlement is the most expensive way to clear an IVA. A full and final would be far cheaper (basically what you have left to pay in agreed payments (plus 12 in your case, in lieu of equity).

Can you not sell until the IVA is either ended in a couple of years or you have made a F&F on third party funds.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”