Aperture

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Chappie
by Chappie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:55 pm
I am gutted despite being told if I made my last payment of nearly £700.

I have just received an email from them saying that unfortunately they cannot move forward on my completion. If I had gone bankrupt this would have gone on as long as this. I have at least 6 emails saying that if I made payment then this would be the final payment.

They have said because I lost my home and the shortfall was included this reduces the creditors payments to 21p instead of 33p.

They have said they need to contact the creditors. Will this never end.. I am so fed up.. This is now the 11th year.. I lost my home and in hindsight should have gone bankrupt.. 11 years I have been trying to get sorted.

Can I do anything. I have been totally mislead by aperture.

Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm
You will need to lodge a formal complaint with Aperture which you can then escalate to their regulatory body, via the Government Gateway, if no joy. I am afraid that, as things stand, the best outcome would be a fine by their regulators if the complaint is upheld.

The Government Gateway is here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 pm
How awful for you! I do hope you can get this sorted.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:39 pm
Did your original proposals offer a minimum dividend for the IVA to be successful?
Chappie
by Chappie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi

I have just sent them a reply. Stating that I will be making a formal complaint. If I don't get any joy out of them then I will escalate it further

Thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:55 pm
Keep us informed.
Chappie
by Chappie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:27 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Did your original proposals offer a minimum dividend for the IVA to be successful?

Hi Lisa

The original. Dividend was 43p then as the years moved on and I had a reduction in income and several reviews it reduced. I came out of work and defaulted and lost my home. The shortfall was added to the Iva this is what has reduced the dividend. This was 3 years ago so why am I only finding out now that I can't end my iva. Aperture. Awful company. I have had my iva with that many companies it should have finished years ago. I will still be in an iva in another 10 years at this rate. Can't see any end to this
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:18 am
Was the original dividend just an estimate or did you promise a minimum dividend as part of your proposals?

If the dividend was an estimate then it seems odd that the IVA would fail just because the end dividend will be lower than was originally estimated - this happens all the time in IVAs.

It sounds to me like somewhere along the line you agreed to pay a minimum dividend and this will be the key.

Ask your IP to specifically clarify why a lower dividend will result in failure of the IVA and to specifically tell you where in your IVA proposal/terms and conditions/any variation etc this derives from.
Chappie
by Chappie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:25 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Was the original dividend just an estimate or did you promise a minimum dividend as part of your proposals?

If the dividend was an estimate then it seems odd that the IVA would fail just because the end dividend will be lower than was originally estimated - this happens all the time in IVAs.

It sounds to me like somewhere along the line you agreed to pay a minimum dividend and this will be the key.

Ask your IP to specifically clarify why a lower dividend will result in failure of the IVA and to specifically tell you where in your IVA proposal/terms and conditions/any variation etc this derives from.

Thanks lisa

I hope it doesn't fail after nearly 11 years. I have all my paperwork and have a look through. Thanks for the advice.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 am
Fingers crossed you get it sorted.
Chappie
by Chappie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:11 pm
Hi

Aperture have let me know there is a creditors meeting on the 12th December for my iva to conclude hopefully.. Had a lengthy email from aperture to explain why they had given me false hopes. Apparently it was t heir intention to do this.

Keep you posted

Thanks
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”