Aperture told me I paid too much, will I get this back?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Julian1971
by Julian1971 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:03 pm
I recently finished an Iva. Initially started with debt free direct then apeeture took over. It was running for 6 years and 4 months. I contacted apeeture to ask what was happening and when was my completion date. Apeeture told my my Iva was complete but i had no letter or correspondance only my yearly summary which had no detail of a completion date. They also told me id paid in £1400 too much that i may not get all of it back as it was up ro me to cancel the standing order. Is this allowed?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:21 pm
Julian1971 wrote:
I recently finished an Iva. Initially started with debt free direct then apeeture took over. It was running for 6 years and 4 months. I contacted apeeture to ask what was happening and when was my completion date. Apeeture told my my Iva was complete but i had no letter or correspondance only my yearly summary which had no detail of a completion date. They also told me id paid in £1400 too much that i may not get all of it back as it was up ro me to cancel the standing order. Is this allowed?

No, that money was paid across in error. It is not a case of "finders keepers" ... if it is properly overpaid and they keep it that would amount to theft. Also ask them for copies of the completion paperwork, final report and certificate of completion.
Julian1971
by Julian1971 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:39 pm
Thankyou very much for your advice. Very helpful.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:05 pm
If you paid it by Direct Debit you may be able to claim it back via your Bank. Talk to someone at customer services and at least get the ball rolling in case Aperture delay and stall the refund. You can always call the Bank back and cancel the refund if Aperture actually pull their finger out and react quickly.
Julian1971
by Julian1971 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
If you paid it by Direct Debit you may be able to claim it back via your Bank. Talk to someone at customer services and at least get the ball rolling in case Aperture delay and stall the refund. You can always call the Bank back and cancel the refund if Aperture actually pull their finger out and react quickly.

Thankyou for the advice and reply. Ive made a written complaint by email to aperture not only about me maybe not getting all my refund but mostly for no correspondence concerning a completion date. They told me on the phone that because id paid too much in by not cancelling my standing order that my creditors could possibly want some of the money and it may take a few months to get this sorted out. Surely my creditors recieved what was agreed and whenni called the £1400+ Overpaid had not been distributed to them as aperture had it in my named account. Citizens advice is next port of call after i have heard back from aperture.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”