Applied for iva with creditfix in September'17. Notified today, iva is rejected!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
simon776
by simon776 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi. I’m currently with credit fix since September. They are now saying I’ve been rejected I’m waiting for my case manager to get in touch. I only phoned today to ask them why I’m getting a couple of letters still and I get hit with this. My other half is going through the Iva too
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 pm
Hi,

Did you have a creditor meeting? Seems strange that there has been no contact since September.
simon776
by simon776 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:31 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Hi,
Did you have a creditor meeting? Seems strange that there has been no contact since September.

I had an email on the 16/10/17 to say my final objection period has passed and my case has been submitted to the accountant in bankruptcy
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 pm
What was the objection period and what was the objection?

It is unusual for things to be passed to BR in which case BR should have been sorted by now.
simon776
by simon776 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 pm
kallis3 wrote:
What was the objection period and what was the objection?

It is unusual for things to be passed to BR in which case BR should have been sorted by now.

The start of the creditors objection period was advertised on the 08/09/17
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:35 pm
I don't understand what the objection period is?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:51 pm
This does not seen to be the norm ..... was there a creditors meeting ? Have you paid anything ?

I have never heard of an objection period.
simon776
by simon776 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 pm
kallis3 wrote:

I think they send the creditors a proposal of my debts, credit cards loans I have
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:08 pm
simon776 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

I think they send the creditors a proposal of my debts, credit cards loans I have

The normal procedure is that they agree the proposal with you -- you sign it and they send it to the creditors with a meeting date (usually a few weeks hence). The creditors vote by that date and, at that time the IVA is accepted or rejected. If accepted all goes ahead, If rejected they can, depending on the reasons, amend and agree on the day, or adjourn the meeting for up to two weeks for reconsidering.

Did the meeting actually take place ( you should have been informed of the date and time and are usually requested to be available on the phone if needed) ?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:11 pm
Did you have a meeting?
simon776
by simon776 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:21 pm
Foggy wrote:
simon776 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

The normal procedure is that they agree the proposal with you -- you sign it and they send it to the creditors with a meeting date (usually a few weeks hence). The creditors vote by that date and, at that time the IVA is accepted or rejected. If accepted all goes ahead, If rejected they can, depending on the reasons, amend and agree on the day, or adjourn the meeting for up to two weeks for reconsidering.

Did the meeting actually take place ( you should have been informed of the date and time and are usually requested to be available on the phone if needed) ?

I’ve been on the phone all day, waiting for the case manager to tell me what’s happening. I did demand I stayed on the phone till I spoke to him. But he was on a call. I will let you know my outcome. Thanks for your help
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm
Have you had a reply yet? I think something needs to be sorted asap!
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:31 pm
This does not sound like iva procedures to me - my reckoning if applied September a creditors meeting would have been held in October early November and chairmans report with outcome issued ....
simon776
by simon776 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm
luluj wrote:
This does not sound like iva procedures to me - my reckoning if applied September a creditors meeting would have been held in October early November and chairmans report with outcome issued ....

Hi all. This is unbelievable. I’ve just not long come of the phone with a member of a company called Russell Cameron. She has kindly informed me that they have taken over Creditfix and basically my case hasn’t been delt with yet due to incompetence in the work place. Great!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:06 pm
As far as I am aware Creditfix have not been taken over by anyone.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”