Are allowance checked in an IVA review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
amy532
by amy532 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:49 pm
I am currently in an IVA and have a few questions regarding the allowances. I’m not sure how other people work but I just leave all money in account and take it out when I need it, so for example of say I have £100 for food, I buy it as and when needed. When I have my review will it get checked if I have stuck to these allowances or is this not checked? I hope this makes sense. Thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:52 pm
Hi,

Your allowances will be checked and you will do an I&E. Could you open up another account and pay your allowances into that? You never know if a huge bill is going to be around the corner.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Allowances are checked for the bigger things -- rent, mortgage etc, if there is any deviation from those already agreed. What you actually spend shopping allowances on will not be scrutinised in detail.
amy532
by amy532 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:13 pm
Hello,

Thank you for the replies. My rent is drawn from the account and paid for in cash which will be shown in statements.

It’s more shopping etc, I just buy when I need things so can’t actually say for sure if I have spent exactly the right amount. Are things like this picked up on?

Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 04, 2018 5:23 pm
amy532 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for the replies. My rent is drawn from the account and paid for in cash which will be shown in statements.

It’s more shopping etc, I just buy when I need things so can’t actually say for sure if I have spent exactly the right amount. Are things like this picked up on?

Thanks

The IP will not have the time nor resources to examine the details of your shopping.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:18 pm
Best case is that your IVA company checks your I&E against your payslips/P60 and comes to the same figure you do. As stated the chances of them trolling through all your receipts or bank payments to see where you have physically spent your disposable income is very unlikely.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”