Asked to make two monthly payments

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:05 pm
welcome back optimist,i aproached national debtline and was then referred to payplan,one of the two companies they recommended at the time, 5 years ago.all my pre iva advice was free.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:10 pm
It's nice to see you Optimist.

Whilst I never used a packager, as long as people know what the score is and are happy to use them then I don't see a problem.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 pm
Welcome back from me too! I used to enjoy your posts, and the forum is a richer place for having your presence again. Glad to see you only have a short while to go now in your own case.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 am
Thanks Kallis, Mr.BlueSky , and Melanie - for your kind welcomes.

Posts such as Hotmercs make me feel very lucky that I seem to have struck lucky in my choices at the initial stages of my IVA.

But - as the saying goes - "It is not over until the fat lady sings" - and I can still only dream of the distant arrival of my singing fat lady in Spring 2012!!! I live in hope!!!
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

orange

Post by orange » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:17 pm
back in the day 2006 when we hadnt a clue we were sent to see a adviser by a large bank and he wanted £3000 each up front!!! very odd indeed .funny but we thought they were trying to help not make things worst!
completed july 2011

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:06 pm
The whole IVA business does seem to have settled down a lot these days. I remember reading horror stories on the Forum about old cases where people were charged by the hour worked by their providers and ended up with frightening fees / charges. That no longer seems to happen.

I am in a pre-protocol IVA and have no complaints at all - though I know protocol compliant IVAers enjoy the added benefits of the 10/ 50% overtime rule. So much seems to depend on when you enter the IVA journey - and with whom. It seems to continually evolve and will no doubt continue to do so. Needless to say - for 99% of people it MUST be better than where they were before.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:24 pm
Couldn't agree more.

My IVA is protocol compliant and I have no problems so far, even though I am with one of the bigger providers.

I'm just happy with the security and peace of mind that I get.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Hotmerc

Post by Hotmerc » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:35 pm
Hi All,

Thank you for your replies...it is very much appreciated.

I went back to my IP and they still say that they have not received any payment on pre-advise prior to my IVA being approved. Yet, they are teh major shareholder of this company of whom did not make it clear to me at the outset yet the major shareholder will be receiving dividends yet in the same breadth, deny any knowledge.

All I can say to all new people joining this great forum is chck and double check and if in doubt, ask again as I did not as got so caught with the whole process which is very easy to do.

Looks like I will just have to put this down to lack of knowledge but feel that I should pursue but is it worth it as I am now about to enter my third year.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:21 pm
Which company are you with Hotmerc, and which company gave you the initial advice?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”