At Last it's All Over

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Kazza2020
by Kazza2020 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:40 pm
Well today is the happiest day of our life and want to shout out Hoohray it's all Over

Completion Certificate has finally arrived I'm still shaking with joy..it's been what feels like a life sentence and now free to move on will be celabrating for sure.

Thought this day would never happen but it has so anyone feeling the same way hang in there it will happen to you too

Wishing everyone Goodluck and most important stay positive it will be your turn for sure and can tell you the feeling is overwhelming xx
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:44 pm
Well done, Kazza. Congratulations.

Only a scrap of paper --- but such an important one !
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:15 pm
Well done you! Best of luck for a debt free future.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 pm
Great news! Congratulations.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 pm
Brilliant news!
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:10 pm
Well done Kazza - another success story!
Miss Chatterbox
by Miss Chatterbox » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 pm
Congrats! Really pleased for you, such an amazing feeling!

I have also finally completed this week and have seen the IVA disappear from my credit reports...BUT it seems one of my old bank accounts which was included in the IVA has now reappeared on my credit report and is saying it is in arears by a substantial amount of money.
Any idea on the best way to approach this? They should honour the IVA I would hope?! Anxious as we are so close to finally being able to apply for a mortgage but this could ruin that!
Any advise really appreciated!

:? :(
J5453
by J5453 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 am
Well done on getting your CC! Your post is keeping me positive as my last payment is due next month after 6 long years!

In relation to the bank account reappearing, if it was included in your iva can you not contact the bank and send a copy of your cc to clear it up and dispute it on your credit file? I know on some of the credit file companies, you can dispute and report errors. But I’d start with contacting the bank or if no joy get back in contact with your IP to find out where you stand on this one?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:45 am
Miss Chatterbox wrote:
Congrats! Really pleased for you, such an amazing feeling!

I have also finally completed this week and have seen the IVA disappear from my credit reports...BUT it seems one of my old bank accounts which was included in the IVA has now reappeared on my credit report and is saying it is in arears by a substantial amount of money.
Any idea on the best way to approach this? They should honour the IVA I would hope?! Anxious as we are so close to finally being able to apply for a mortgage but this could ruin that!
Any advise really appreciated!

:? :(

If the account was never defaulted or closed it will sit there as an active account. As mentioned above speak to the bank to see if they will rectify the matter. You can modify the wording in the template in my article about clearing your credit files here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

Regarding mortgage applications, it might be useful to have a word with Ryan or Shaun, both of whom are experienced in adverse credit applications. They have both popsted above me on this thread with contact details in their signature boxes under thei comments.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 am
Great news Kazza - time for day one of a new chapter !
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am
Congratulations to you too Miss Chatterbox. As Foggy says, you need to write to the bank along the lines of his link and ask them to amend their records so that the date of the default does not post-date the date of your IVA. This will have the net result of removing it from your record and leaving you free to look at more competitive mortgage deals.
Miss Chatterbox
by Miss Chatterbox » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:56 pm
Shaun Vickery wrote:
Congratulations to you too Miss Chatterbox. As Foggy says, you need to write to the bank along the lines of his link and ask them to amend their records so that the date of the default does not post-date the date of your IVA. This will have the net result of removing it from your record and leaving you free to look at more competitive mortgage deals.

Thanks all
I contacted the Bank directly and to my surprise received an apology and a financial reimbursement of £75 for my troubles!From what I could understand of it and as you rightly pointed out, they had the default date set wrong. The based it on the date they received notification of the insolvany rather than the official date. So I would have had to wait another 4 months before it came off my credit score. They have said they will request for it to be corrected. It was unusual as I had a credit card with the same bank and that has shown as settled so they felt it was an error on their part.

I am very keen to get on the mortgage ladder and me and my partner have worked so hard since the end of the IVA to build a deposit and have been on count down to this moment!

I will seek some mortage advise as suggested.
Thank you all :)
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:01 pm
Well worth the effort then, enjoy your £75!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:10 pm
There you go -- a fish and chip supper on the bank :-) Well done !
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”