Awaiting via decision

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Jani1983
by Jani1983 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi all new to this forum but hoping someone may be able to put my mind at ease a little.

So I'm awaiting the creditors meeting which is next Monday

My main debtor is barclays followed by capital one very next and PayPal and post office Cc :( don't know who represents these

Debt is 21k and offer on table at moment id 200 a month I think that's 28p to £

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for any of these and if you think my proposal will be accepted or rejected

I've never failed a payment but was always lending to pay and well that needs to stop

Any help is Greatful
Thanks all
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi,

Your IP would not have put an offer forward if they didn't think it had a good chance of being accepted.

I am sure you will be ok.
Jani1983
by Jani1983 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:14 pm
Thank you its just hard not to worry :lol: :lol: quote="kallis3"]Hi,

Your IP would not have put an offer forward if they didn't think it had a good chance of being accepted.

I am sure you will be ok.[/quote]
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:20 pm
You will worry - it's only natural and most of us have been there. We are always here on the forum to support you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:37 pm
As Kallis says, an IP would not put forward a proposal they did not think would get accepted and the acceptance rate is very high -- 28p is a healthy dividend.

You will worry -- your emotions will be all over the place (even for a short while after you are accepted) but try to keep your mind occupied on other things (not easy I know) and try not to overthink !
Jani1983
by Jani1983 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:07 pm
Thank you all, ive just been diagnosed with depression and I just find the worry doesn't help but I appreciate your advise as it has helped. I shall find a hobby for a week which will hopefully keep my brain busy :shock: :o
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:30 pm
Hopefully this being dealt with will go someway to ease your depression. My biggest single lender was Barclaycard rather than Barclays, and if it's any indica8 they voted yes. The only reject I got was Eversheds on behalf of Natwest. My IVA company rejected a change from MBNA as I still had the % required (just!)

I can't believe the difference the IVA has made to my mental health. I was constantly anxious and worrying about money. Funnily enough, the days before payday were actually worse than a week after as I was worrying if I would have enough to pay all my bills. A week later, there wasn't any money in the bank but the bills were paid and it was just the somehow making it to the end of the month. Now its much simpler.

One thing to check, have you opened an account with an unrelated bank? You don't want to suddenly have your account shut or frozen.
Jani1983
by Jani1983 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:38 pm
Hi me a brown I'm the same in regards to worrying but when my bills were paid it eased and was just surviving with what I had till end of the month.

I have opened a new account and I have given work my details but this was right next to the deadline so I guess tomorrow we will see if it has gone into old or new account, fingers crossed

I think the waiting for the creditors meeting is the worse part as I have in my head it will be rejected

I guess no one can determine the fair

But thank you so much for sharing all of you it does help alot x

Mrs_Brown wrote:
Hopefully this being dealt with will go someway to ease your depression. My biggest single lender was Barclaycard rather than Barclays, and if it's any indica8 they voted yes. The only reject I got was Eversheds on behalf of Natwest. My IVA company rejected a change from MBNA as I still had the % required (just!)

I can't believe the difference the IVA has made to my mental health. I was constantly anxious and worrying about money. Funnily enough, the days before payday were actually worse than a week after as I was worrying if I would have enough to pay all my bills. A week later, there wasn't any money in the bank but the bills were paid and it was just the somehow making it to the end of the month. Now its much simpler.

One thing to check, have you opened an account with an unrelated bank? You don't want to suddenly have your account shut or frozen.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:41 pm
As mentioned - have you opened a new account? Not one of your creditors or HSBC or First Direct?
Jani1983
by Jani1983 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:44 pm
[
Hi yes I have opened one with nationwide and it's all up and running and awaiting my wages :lol:

quote="kallis3"]As mentioned - have you opened a new account? Not one of your creditors or HSBC or First Direct?[/quote]
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:07 pm
Good - we had a Nationwide account throughout our IVA with no problems.
Jani1983
by Jani1983 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 pm
That's good to hear, hopefully starting off on the right path

quote="kallis3"]Good - we had a Nationwide account throughout our IVA with no problems.[/quote]
lolamaz
by lolamaz » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:18 pm
Hello

I only recently got my IVA approved (last week) and was on edge in the lead up to it too. My Debt was very similar to yours, around 20k, having borrowed from barclaycard, very, capital one, aqua and natwest, so similar creditors. I could only pay back monthly less than half of what you have offerred to pay and mine still got approved. So I'm sure you will be ok. As the others have mentioned, they rarely put a propoosal forward unless they are confident you will get it approved. Also, remember only 75% of the creditors have to agree for it to be binding for all. So you should be fine. I hope it goes as you want it to.
Jani1983
by Jani1983 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 pm
Thank you lolamaez

Can I ask who you main creditor was and do you know who voted and who didn't?

I need barclays to vote and agree yes really

Was the company you did your Iva with good all way through?

Thanks again :D

lolamaz wrote:
Hello

I only recently got my IVA approved (last week) and was on edge in the lead up to it too. My Debt was very similar to yours, around 20k, having borrowed from barclaycard, very, capital one, aqua and natwest, so similar creditors. I could only pay back monthly less than half of what you have offerred to pay and mine still got approved. So I'm sure you will be ok. As the others have mentioned, they rarely put a propoosal forward unless they are confident you will get it approved. Also, remember only 75% of the creditors have to agree for it to be binding for all. So you should be fine. I hope it goes as you want it to.
keall
by keall » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 pm
kallis3 wrote:
As mentioned - have you opened a new account? Not one of your creditors or HSBC or First Direct?

Why not HSBC? ive opened my new account with them but iva not yet been agreed but i have opened a nationwide account as a parachute just in case.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”