Back pay

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
katana2471
by katana2471 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 pm
I have a full time job
And due a pay rise sometime not sure when
Also 3-6 months back pay
Do I get any back pay I can keep 50/50 or does the IVA suck it all .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:39 am
If you have the usual clauses a permanent pay rise is all yours until the next annual review, after which 50% of the net increase in income is added to your regular payment. So, by that reckoning, as long as the back pay ( ie the start date of the pay rise) doesn't go back beyond the last review, it should be yours. However, some IP's try to interpret thigs differently, so read up on your paperwork and challenge if need be.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:39 am
When I set up my IVA, I had a letter saying I could earn up to a particular figure each month, I recently got 3months pay arrears which was still below the figure on the letter, so I didn't report it. Mind you I had a crap pay rise. Some of the comments I have seen before indicate that overall monthly earning increases are ususally dealt with in annual reviews. Not sure about lump sum arrears - I'm sure Foggy, Kallis or LuluJ will be along with a proper answer soon though.
katana2471
by katana2471 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 pm
So foggy if for instance my next review is Dec this year 2 years in
Then 4 to do
And say they give me a pay rise and
3 months arrears how does that work ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm
katana2471 wrote:
So foggy if for instance my next review is Dec this year 2 years in
Then 4 to do
And say they give me a pay rise and
3 months arrears how does that work ?

Your last review was December 2017 ....so a pay rise since then would be looked at this coming December (although you should inform them when you get the rise). If you had a pay rise now (september) and three months back pay, that would indicate that the rise is valid from June / July. My understanding (though some IPs might see it differently ) would be that the money is yours until the rise gets taken into account in December, assuming you have the usual clauses. If it was my IVA that is what I would be telling the IP if he / she tried to take any of it.
katana2471
by katana2471 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:39 am
Thanks foggy
Hopefully I get to keep it if it comes through
God knows I need it..
Sick of being skint all the time..
Life hardly worth living
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”