Bad Attitude to debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 2 of 2

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:38 pm
My husband and I are our own worst enemies in respect of money and I said I like he says have, that's where we went wrong as he was made redundant from a highly paid job, took a job for half the pay and I still said I like he still said you have....we should have changed and didn't and now we're both changing as we ask do we need now before buying.

Bankruptcy was never an option for me but I do however, know it's an excellent solution for some x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:14 pm
I kept everything from hubby, I always said we could afford it, even when I knew we couldn't.

Same here Lesley - we always ask before buying now.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:38 pm
not being a homeowner and having no equity,i was advised by a debt council officer that going bankrupt,was financialy my better option.but because i have standards ,i decided on the iva which i thought at the time i could manage,not easy but i did.i,m proud of that, and can hold my head up.if i needed to go down the bankruptcy route like some of the lovely people on this site have had to do, like skippy,i would have.shame on those people who think it is a easy option,they arnt in the real world like we are.
Last edited by MRBLUESKY on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:47 pm
It's not an easy option at all and I applaud everyone who could go bankrupt and doesn't.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:55 pm
thanks jan.

ontheroad

Post by ontheroad » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:09 pm
As you know i had to go BR, it was not my first choice as i wanted to enter into an iva, but it was rejected, believe me it is not an easy option and anyone who thinks it is annoys me completely, i admit it is a solution but i believe all other options should be looked into first, i tried all routes but ended up with no option.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:11 pm
I completely agree ontheroad. Although my IVA was accepted there was no way it was sustainable and I had no option other than BR. It's not the easy option, and I get so annoyed at people who think it is.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:49 pm
I would never knock anyone who did go bankrupt if they had tried everything else, or it was the only option open to them.

Some people just choose BR as the easy way out though. It should never be treated as that.
Bob Marley.
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”