Bad times again!!

7 posts Page 1 of 1

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 am
After the death of my Dad's youngest brother last October and the murder of my nephew in June we thought we had had our share of death.

But as they say these things come in 3's so they do as my Grandmother (My Dad's Mum) passed away last week. [:(]

It was more of a relief really as she had been bedridden at home on Oxygen for the last few years with COPD. We had her funeral on Monday which was a nice service at which many tears were shed. She was a Govan lass and her kids are taking her ashes to be spread on the Clyde in a few weeks.

Since her death though it's all kicked off with her 5 remaining children which is why they tend not to get together much as someone always falls out with someone else.

This time though its with good reason it is alleged my Aunt (The Youngest) who had control of my Gran's finances has cleared her bank account of a few grand.

My Uncle who has learning difficulties and lived with my Gran (He is the oldest) had his credit card stolen and the pin as well, £1500 has been spent on the cards and the bank are saying he has to pay it. It is alleged my Aunt has been intercepting all the mail, which seeing as my Uncle works during the day and she does not and is always at the house is believeable.

It also turns out she stole a load of money from him months ago but my Gran begged him not to go to the police.

My Dad who is retired due to suffering from an MS type illness which is exacerbated by stress went up to confront her yesterday and she tried to have him arrested saying he assaulted her [:(!]

Now my Dad is an ex-copper himself and has never hurt anyone so I know she is lying. I can not tell you how furious I am over this vile woman who was part of my family.

So if you think you have family problems be glad you do not have mine lol!!!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:07 am
Sorry to read this Luke, you often read about deaths bringing out the vultures in people. My thoughts are with you xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 am
Luke, I am so sorry to hear of all of your problems, I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.

I would most certainly go to the police about all of this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 am
Thanks, I'm feeling the love [:D]

Yeah my Dad is going to see them today about it I think. It has to be done, she has been disowned by the whole family already over this.

My Dad is getting a Power of Attorney arrangement sorted for my Uncle and he is trying to get him into a Council Flat as he needs looking after.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:38 am
I'm so sorry to hear that Luke. It's true what they say about not being able to choose your family.

I hope your dad can get your uncle the help he needs, and make sure he looks after himself as well. My dad had MS, and I know how badly stress affected him.

And don't forget we're all here for you xxx

karen

Post by karen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 am
I'm sorry about the difficulties your family are facing. My mum died from COPD too.Life certainly throws up difficult challenges for us sometimes doesnt it. I hope you get things sorted soon.
Karen x

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 am
Thanks for the support all. Gonna call my Dad tonight and see what's going on with it all.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”