Bank account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
recovering
by recovering » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 pm
ginger3242 wrote:
Banks etc - dont see the credit scores - so there are actually meaningless - what they see is applications for credit etc

Which confuses me even more! The only credit I have is mortgage the car and a balance of £45 on a Vanquis card I pay in full every month
I have just looked at all the ref agencies AGAIN and can see nothing
I am a bit worried about applying for another current account in case it is seen as a negative?
At least I know I have learnt something for IVA I wouldn’t have even thought about impact before
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:39 pm
I assume that you are looking at reports on Noddle and Clearscore --- I would get statutory reports direct from each of the three agencies at a couple of quid a pop. They may differ !
recovering
by recovering » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:42 pm
Foggy wrote:
I assume that you are looking at reports on Noddle and Clearscore --- I would get statutory reports direct from each of the three agencies at a couple of quid a pop. They may differ !

I have done all that before i got the car it was only 2 weeks ago!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 pm
I would try Nationwide - I had an account during my IVA and it was upgraded when we completed. Keep trying with soft searches
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:26 pm
I applied for a Barclays account 3/4 through my IVA, I was refused a full current account but given a basic account, I had to go to a branch to open this account and was pretty sceptical about the result. I sat down with an adviser who was fully aware what an IVA was and how it was administered, she was very knowledgeable and had no hesitation in opening the account, which served me well. Had DD, SO money transfer and Visa facilities and it worked far better than the top up master card account I had at the start of my IVA. Exactly 1 month after I received my CC Barclays emailed me and said they had upgraded to a full current account and sent a pre approved credit card application, all filled out all I had to do was sign it and take it to a local branch. I didn't dare do that for at least 6 months as I was scared wit less! Barclays to be honest have been brilliant, I have great communication with them, they don't pressure me to take 'extra' bolt on's or pester me to increase my credit card limit.
May be worth thinking about Barclays as well as Nationwide.
recovering
by recovering » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:30 pm
[quote="MerlinL14"]I applied for a Barclays account 3/4 through my IVA, I was refused a full current account but given a basic account, I had to go to a branch to open this account and was pretty sceptical about the result. I sat down with an adviser who was fully aware what an IVA was and how it was administered, she was very knowledgeable and had no hesitation in opening the account, which served me well. Had DD, SO money transfer and Visa facilities and it worked far better than the top up master card account I had at the start of my IVA. Exactly 1 month after I received my CC Barclays emailed me and said they had upgraded to a full current account and sent a pre approved credit card application, all filled out all I had to do was sign it and take it to a local branch. I didn't dare do that for at least 6 months as I was scared wit less! Barclays to be honest have been brilliant, I have great communication with them, they don't pressure me to take 'extra' bolt on's or pester me to increase my credit card limit.
May be worth thinking about Barclays as well as Nationwide.[/quote
Well there is no Barclays branch where I live but I may try speaking to them
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 pm
You can open a full current account online, it was only the basic you had to go to a branch to open.
recovering
by recovering » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:23 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
You can open a full current account online, it was only the basic you had to go to a branch to open.

I am a bit worried about applying now! I have no idea what to do for the best?
ginger3242
by ginger3242 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:17 pm
Nationwide - you apply on line for any of the accounts. Dont forget with Nationwide and most banks you can use the Post Office etc for cash etc.

Certainly if you like me - and get a bit embarrasssed if there is a chance of a refusal - thats why i prefer the on line services
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”