Barclays current account?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Roobo75
by Roobo75 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm
Hi! I am going to be starting an Iva in the next month or so hopefully! I have been told to open a new account! I did with Barclays! But I’m worried because I think they have gave me a current account! Not basic one! As my credit rating is still ok before Iva! Is this allowed and obviously I won’t be having an overdraft with them! I just wondered where I stand

Thanx Rob
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:04 pm
Yes, you are allowed a "normal" account (with no o/d facility) as far as the IVA company is concerned, as long as the bank is happy.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:13 pm
Barclays are pretty IVA friendly. I opened an account with them 3/4 through my IVA, didn't let me have a full current account but no problems with a basic account. Soon as my IVA was finished they automatically upgraded my account. Once all my defaults dropped off they also offered me a Visa credit card with a low interest rate, not managed to have a balance on it long enough to pay interest though. I was also offer an overdraft, which I declined. But the offer still pops up on my online banking every few months. I would recommend them.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:19 pm
We had (and still do) have a full account with Barclays and had no problem.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:42 pm
kallis3 wrote:
We had (and still do) have a full account with Barclays and had no problem.

I think, but only from reading other posts and not gospel, that if you have a full current account with Barclays and then enter an IVA they just leave it as is unless they are a creditor, they then drop you to a basic account but do not insist you close it.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm
Barclays weren't a creditor but Barclaycard were for me. I've never had a problem with the bank at all.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”