Beginning IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
emma7255
by emma7255 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 pm
Hi,

I am currently beginning the process of IVA, i am self employed and recently got into some financial problems as a member of staff had been stealing for 15+ years has caught up with me. I was just looking for any general advice throughout the process, i have been reading through the forum and i am currently struggling to find a business account, have been rejected by one bank already.

I am due to start IVA in 3/4 weeks and just wanted to hear other people's experience or advice as after many years of stress and worry i am hoping this will give me some relief, particularly interested in hearing any advice about those running business and self employed :)

Thanks
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:04 am
Sorry to hear of your situation.

Unfortunately getting a new business account maybe somewhat difficult if an iva is looming and your creditors are aware of the situation you are now facing.

When my husband became self employed at the end of our iva we approached several bsnks and were refused a business account - we were able to open to second personal account so we used that for 12 months before trying again and being accepted with HSBC. It maybe something to look at yourself.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 am
Business accounts for those in an IVA tend to be difficult to procure -- but some have had success when approaching the branch business manager, in person, as he can override the automated refusal you will get from the computer. Barclays has been mentioned a couple of times in this regard (as long as the banks you approach are not creditors ).
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”