Behind with payments

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
cp
by cp » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:42 am
Help. We are in trouble with our Iva with PayPlan. I have been out of work for several months and unable to pay. We are in total 10 months behind and in month 60. We haven’t done any i and e reviews in that time and now they are asking for current i&e and p60’s for he last 4 years. There have been fluctuations - will they ask for additional money in retrospect? We are making a f&f at the same time as providing all this info to cover the missed payments and some of the 6th year. Any advice?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:34 am
cp wrote:
Help. We are in trouble with our Iva with PayPlan. I have been out of work for several months and unable to pay. We are in total 10 months behind and in month 60. We haven’t done any i and e reviews in that time and now they are asking for current i&e and p60’s for he last 4 years. There have been fluctuations - will they ask for additional money in retrospect? We are making a f&f at the same time as providing all this info to cover the missed payments and some of the 6th year. Any advice?

They can ask for missed arrears retrospectively. However, although it is your IVA and you should be driving it, they also have a statutory duty to carry out regular I&Es, which would have picked up any arrears in a timely manner, so, as they are partly to blame for any "arrears" they should be sympathetic in helping you resolve them. Don't forget to add extra outgoings to the information you are giving them (rent / mortgage increases, fuel and utility hikes, etc) , as well as the income details.
cp
by cp » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:39 pm
Thanks Foggy. I have spent most of the morning on the phone to them and they have been pretty good at explaining everything to me. I am now in the process of collating all the info to send back to them. Advice to others - dont leave this stuff as it takes ages to sort out!

One thing they did tell me is that if there is a discrepancy then I will be expected to pay 50% of the difference.

I am still going in with a f&f so will see how it goes.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:22 pm
Best of luck, CP. Let us know how you get on.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”