Best mortgage lender for RTB post IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
ash840
by ash840 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:29 am
Hi, both myself and wife have been in an IVA since 2012, we finished the last payment in March 2018, my six years from start date was up 26th July and my credit report from Experian has this month jumped up to 888 good, I am still waiting on my completion certificate which I have chased via email support again yesterday, we are looking to purchase our home under the right to buy scheme and use the discount as both deposit and some much needed renovation work, we know that even with this the LTV will be between 80% and 75%, having looked online at mortgages it’s a mind field and don’t want to complete loads of applications and ruin our credit score, who would be the best lenders/brokers to approach without a full credit check before knowing it has a high chance of success? Thanks.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 am
I would suggest having a chat with either Ryan : memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488 or Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837

Both are whole of market brokers with considerable experience in adverse credit applications and have aided many on this forum.
ash840
by ash840 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:47 am
Foggy wrote:
I would suggest having a chat with either Ryan : memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488 or Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837

Both are whole of market brokers with considerable experience in adverse credit applications and have aided many on this forum.

Thanks, Foggy I’ve sent a message through Ryan’s link.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:57 am
Hi Ash,

Thanks for contacting us. We have certainly managed to obtain Mortgages for others under the Right to Buy following an IVA.

Regards
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am
Getting the CC and then getting off the register (within 3 months) will no doubt make a big difference.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am
Fingers crossed Ryan and or Shaun can give you a the help you need.

Good luck
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 am
Your options may be limited and you are right not to simply apply randomly to lenders but there's no reason it shouldn't be possible, and potentially at a very competitive rate, particularly with some expert advice. It will be important to ensure that you have the highest chance of success BEFORE you apply and this involves a little preparation but it's well worthwhile.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”