British Gas warm Home discount

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Oya
by Oya » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm
Hi all. I hope you all keeping warm and looking forward Xmas and new year. I don’t have gas supply in my house so I have to heat my house with electric heaters and as you can guess that really costs a lot.
Last year just before I applied for IVA I was qualified for warm home discount from British Gas. This year I didn’t apply for it yet as I don’t know if I get this discount which is £140 for one time only voucher would I be able to keep it. They don’t send cash. Because I have pay as you go account they sent me vouchers last year so no cheque or cash involved.
So my questions are
1 is that ok for me to apply
2 if I qualify do I have to pay £140 to my IVA company
I want to make sure before I apply as I don’t want to fill all the forms and sent my vouchers to stepchange.
I Wish you all merry Christmas and happy new year
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:56 pm
It is basically a credit on your electricity account so I wouldn't even mention it to your IP. Even if they considered it a windfall (as it isn't linked to your salary) most arrangements allow you to keep windfalls under £500.
Oya
by Oya » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:02 pm
Foggy wrote:
It is basically a credit on your electricity account so I wouldn't even mention it to your IP. Even if they considered it a windfall (as it isn't linked to your salary) most arrangements allow you to keep windfalls under £500.

Well I told them last year but she was not very interested. So I go ahead and apply. Saying that I might not even qualify as I haven’t got as much outgoing as last year. I was paying £700 ! To my creditors.
As I am paying council tax within my Iva I think I should mention my Iva to British Gas
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”