Business Insurance when on an active IVS

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

emmajay1204

Post by emmajay1204 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:51 pm
I found myself in a mess a few years back, to cut a long story short, I had to have some counselling etc and have now come out of the other end. I have created a business whereby we help other people manage issues relating to the body, mind & soul. Some is professional coaching in the physical aspect and I am a qualified teacher that conducts talks and on occasion accredited courses.

We have been running our project through a boxing gym, however, the project has done really well and we would like to open this as a business. However, I am finding it extremely difficult to get an insurance quote, which I am assuming is because of my IVA. I may have to put a silent director on the company rather than myself....It's hard when you have turned your life around but are still suffering the consequences of decisions made while experiencing the effects of trauma.

Would I be better off putting a family member down as a director with my business partner or will I be able to obtain a quote as a director myself?

Any help would be great. I have tried to find this Coveritall but I don't seem to be able to send a direct message!

Thanks in advance

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:38 pm
Are you still in an IVA -- or out the other side ? Some have found Hiscox able to supply insurance, but others have failed with the same firm :(

If still in an IVA it might be as well to put in a silent director and keep yourself distanced for the time being. Not only from the insurance perspective, but from the finances as well.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:31 pm
I think Hiscox have refused quite a few lately. You could try a trade association to see if they could help.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”