Can a creditor demand a payment when I have just completed my IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
perry
by perry » Sat May 12, 2018 4:50 pm
I have just completed my IVA, my last payment was at the beginning of April. I phoned up and had it confirmed that it was completed and didnt need to do anything and i'd get a completion certificate within a few months.

I have just received a letter from a creditor who i owed money to with a statement and saying that i still owe them money and have missed payments to them and i need to pay as soon as possible.

I didnt expect this and it's got me confused and a bit worried that it's not all over and i'll receive more from other creditors demanding money.

Can anyone advise me what to do, my first thought is to call my iva company and ask them but what happens if they say i do have to pay this money? i thought it was all over after 5 years and paying back everything i was asked to.

It's got me really worried after having the weight finally lifted i'm back to feeling awful again!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat May 12, 2018 5:28 pm
If the creditor was listed in your IVA they cannot come back to you for any payment. Pass the letter to your IP and see if he / she will have a word with them.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:11 pm
Either one department of your EXcreditor doesn't know what is happening or they are trying it on. As foggy says get your IP involved, he/she should still be representing you in a proactive manner.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:38 am
Agree - you have nothing to worry about
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”