Can an IVA be rejected if catalogues used in last few months

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
louise252
by louise252 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Hi everyone, I need a bit of help/clarification if poss!
My IVA meeting is today! 3:30 - the supervisor has contacted to say “a lot of the creditors have voted against my IVA” because my catalogues were used in the last 3 months! (That is one reason) anyway I would just like to know as I’m in anticipation to see if anyone has had this happen to them and what the outcome was? Thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 pm
If you have used credit whilst waiting for your IVA meeting you may very well be in trouble.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 pm
If they think you have used credit without good reason when you know you are insolvent they wouldn't be too happy about it. Many of us did use things like credit cards until very close to the IVA, but usually to survive (food, petrol etc). Catalogue goods are seldom seen as a "need", more of a "want".

If you are rejected and the IP can't turn them around, you could go into a DMP for a few months, which will put the credit use further in the past when you try again.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 pm
louise252 wrote:
Hi everyone, I need a bit of help/clarification if poss!
My IVA meeting is today! 3:30 - the supervisor has contacted to say “a lot of the creditors have voted against my IVA” because my catalogues were used in the last 3 months! (That is one reason) anyway I would just like to know as I’m in anticipation to see if anyone has had this happen to them and what the outcome was? Thanks

How did your meeting go?

I must admit, the one thing I had got clear was the Littlewoods account and when the IVA was looking like my only option, I was sorely tempted to blow some of it on a new laptop as mine is on its last legs. I didn't though. The only time I have really used the last legged laptop was pre IVA to write to my creditors and explain I was making a token payment, then set up the standing orders for those token payments (and cancel them) I am glad I didn't give in to the want as it definitely wasn't a need, as Foggy mentioned.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:26 pm
Did you have a result?
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”