Can council tax be added to my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

marek631

Post by marek631 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:11 am
I'm current clients of credit fix IVA and I already have set up monthly payments but I recive the letter from council tax I have to pay immediately to 1249.04.£ for the bill from last year so I ask to credit fix to add my debit from council tax to my case but I don't know if they gonna be added or no

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:52 am
marek631 wrote:
I'm current clients of credit fix IVA and I already have set up monthly payments but I recive the letter from council tax I have to pay immediately to 1249.04.£ for the bill from last year so I ask to credit fix to add my debit from council tax to my case but I don't know if they gonna be added or no
Council tax arrears and, indeed the current years bill could be added, but, if the IVA has started, might derail the arrangement. Many IP's include the current years council tax in an IVA as a matter of course. Speak to CF.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

marek631

Post by marek631 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm
Hello there I have question I'm current clients of credit fix IVA and my car broke down so I got two options repering or replaced my question is if I applay for loan to buy car I need permission from IVA or no

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:09 pm
Yes you will need permission and you may not be able to get finance anyway as your credit rating will be shot.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

marek631

Post by marek631 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:13 pm
IVA have to give me permissions to borrow maximum 2000£ some company they accept people with IVA

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:15 pm
marek631 wrote:
Hello there I have question I'm current clients of credit fix IVA and my car broke down so I got two options repering or replaced my question is if I applay for loan to buy car I need permission from IVA or no

Marek, there is a clause in your proposal (assuming you have the standard agreement) saying that you cannot have more than £500 credit without the permission of your IP. In any ecent you will find it difficult to get any credit from a reputable lender and not at eye watering (or leg breaking) rates !

You could ask CF for a payment break to pay for repairs ( this will be added back on at the end of your IVA).

As you are with CF I would also strongly suggest that you dig out your paperwork and see exactly what you have agreed to and signed up for, as CF are not easy to deal with and you need to know.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 pm
I doubt you will get finance, especially as you need to sort out your council tax as well.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”