Can I be a mortgage advisor with an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
lewis
by lewis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:38 am
Hi my Iva was completed in February, I have my completion certificate. I am looking at training to become a mortgage advisor my question is am I allowed to with me having an Iva. Tia .
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:02 am
You need to see what the terms are for the company you are looking at. Your credit record will be stuffed for six years from the start of your IVA.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:20 am
Drop Ryan an email -- he will be able to tell you. Contact details via his profile here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:04 am
There's nothing actually preventing you being a Mortgage Adviser but any firm you work for (or if you become directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, the FCA themselves) would need to be satisfied that this will not have any detrimental affect on any advice you provide. Ultimately it is up to them how they do this, but some may simply decide that they don't want the complication. From my point of view some of the best Advisers I've employed have had their own credit issues in the past - it means they can empathise better with people! Have you got as far as thinking about the authorisation route you would take?
lewis
by lewis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:30 pm
Hi thanks for the reply’s .
lewis
by lewis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:35 pm
Shaun Vickery wrote:
There's nothing actually preventing you being a Mortgage Adviser but any firm you work for (or if you become directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, the FCA themselves) would need to be satisfied that this will not have any detrimental affect on any advice you provide. Ultimately it is up to them how they do this, but some may simply decide that they don't want the complication. From my point of view some of the best Advisers I've employed have had their own credit issues in the past - it means they can empathise better with people! Have you got as far as thinking about the authorisation route you would take?

Hi Shaun thanks for the reply I have no problem paying for the course I just don’t want a situation of where it being useless if I can’t work in the industry , I am currently looking at training centres . This will be a total career change as such .
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”