Can I cancel my iva due to ill health

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
paul575
by paul575 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:38 pm
Good afternoon,
I have only 3 more payment left on my IVA but I was made redundant at the end of August and since have been ill .I have a skin problems which I have been to my doctor and hospital.I am unable to walk far and the job centre has let me have phone interview with them instead of me trying to walk there.How can I ask if my IVA can be cancelled. .
Thank you for your help.
Kind regards
Paul
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:02 pm
You do not want it to be cancelled -- if that happens you will be back to square one with your creditors. You should speak to your IP and ask if the creditors will agree to a full and final based on payments made to date --- basically calling it quits. This way, assuming they agree, the IVA will conclude successfully, but early.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:12 pm
If you have only 3 more payments I am sure you will be able to complete with what you have paid to now.
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:24 pm
Sorry to jump on post but Foggy I think my friend needs to look into that option as can no longer afford iva with change in circumstances.
Is there a template letter or suggested terminology to use in a letter asking to finish using payments made to date?

Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:31 pm
abbiesmum2003 wrote:
Sorry to jump on post but Foggy I think my friend needs to look into that option as can no longer afford iva with change in circumstances.
Is there a template letter or suggested terminology to use in a letter asking to finish using payments made to date?

Thanks

Not that I know of as the reasons and circumstances all differ. I needed mine early on payments made to date on becoming a single parent and the IVA being, then, unaffordable. I just spoke to my case worker and they "did the deed", so to speak.
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:10 pm
Ok thats helpful anyway. Thanks
plasticdaft
Forum Expert
Contact
by plasticdaft » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 pm
paul575 wrote:
Good afternoon,
I have only 3 more payment left on my IVA but I was made redundant at the end of August and since have been ill .I have a skin problems which I have been to my doctor and hospital.I am unable to walk far and the job centre has let me have phone interview with them instead of me trying to walk there.How can I ask if my IVA can be cancelled. .
Thank you for your help.
Kind regards
Paul

Given the circumstances I'm sure payments to date will be acceptable to conclude the iva. One thing less for you to worry about.
Good luck.

Paul
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”