can i come off a dmp

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

lorraine.gr

Post by lorraine.gr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 am
can i come off a dmp which i have been told will take me over 40 years to pay off and enter into a iva instead

rayb

Post by rayb » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 am
Hi Lorraine,

Yes you can but it would help if you could give us some more information i.e.total debt, creditor numbers etc.

You can also go on to www.iva.com and check various reviews of different providers. Make sure you take advice from at least 3 to give you an idea.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:42 am
Hi
Did the company that you are using not discuss an IVA with you when you first spoke to them ?
Regards
Andam Davies

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:31 am
Hi Lorraine - welcome to the forum.

One advantage with a DMP is you can come out of it at anytime and if you have decided you now want to look at the option of an IVA then you are within your rights to do so.

You will need to speak to a professional to ensure an IVA looks viable, and if it does this will surely be better for you than the estimated 40 years!

Rayb provides a good website for reviews on many companies some of which come highly recommended on here too.

Pick up the phone and have a chat with a couple to see what is said.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:51 pm
Hello Lorraine,

People can and do leave debt management plans to enter into different debt solution options.

Often this is because their circumstances have changed, though sometimes people feel they may not have made the best choice in the first instance.
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:38 pm
I was in a DMP having been told an IVA wasn't a viable option.

I'm now almost halfway through an IVA having succssfully swapped over.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm
Hi Lorraine as others have said it's possible to enter an IVA. I would suggest talking to 2 or 3 companies and a list of these can be found at www.iva.com

Always contact 2 or 3 to ensure you get impartial free case specific advice.

At least with an IVA you will see the end in sight.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:18 am
A 40 year DMP is completely ridiculous in my honest opinion - and if a DMP could be presented I would crack on with the application at the earliest opportunity.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:52 am
Obviously Mel meant if an IVA could be presented... :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 pm
Oh dear - of course I meant IVA!! Sorry for any confusion!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”