Can I complain?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Ardmere
by Ardmere » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:28 am
Grant Thornton as was made mistake on my Iva which completed 2016 started 2010 they made administration error and didn't pay dividends to buy to let mortgage this has now been rectified and divided cheque sent last week which accepted by bank but due to this I have lost my buyer on the sale of my house and had to pull out of my purchase as direct result because shortfall of this mortgage showing and slow response from Aperture. Can I put in a complaint they have sent me the link what will be the likely outcome due to stress and my sale an purchase
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 am
Ardmere wrote:
Grant Thornton as was made mistake on my Iva which completed 2016 started 2010 they made administration error and didn't pay dividendmys to buy to let mortgage this has now been rectified and divided cheque sent last week which accepted by bank but due to this I have lost my buyer on the sale of my house and had to pull out of my purchase as direct result because shortfall of this mortgage showing and slow response from Aperture. Can I put in a complaint they have sent me the link what will be the likely outcome due to stress and my sale an purchase

You can lodge a formal complaint to the firm -- which will probably go nowhere. Then you can escalate this to their regulatory body. However, the regulatory body will not intervene or direct the firm to do anything. If they agree with your complaint they will slap Aperture on the wrist and might fine them --- they get the money, not you.

I started a petition some time ago, calling for the Government to look at providing some sort of mediation / complaint and resolution body, but this never got off the ground due to lack of support.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”