Can I do a salary sacrifice for a car whilst in an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Starburst1978
by Starburst1978 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:08 pm
I started on an iva last month, I was wondering can I do a salary sacrifice scheme at work for a car. There is no credit checks or searches the payment come from my wages before I get it. All service, insurance, breakdown, tyres all covered in the payment I make. I only have to put fuel in, as everything else is covered in the payment I make. I have a car at the moment where I have to pay for mots, services and insurance, I need extensive work to be done on my car and it is 14 years old. As stated the salary sacrifice covers everything apart from fuel. I need a car for work and I suffer from lupus and if I have a flare up I need to have access to a car. I really don't know if I am aloud to take part in the scheme as of my iva. I really need some help
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:03 pm
You need to discuss the pros and cons with your IP --- as you say, factoring in cheaper running / repair costs will, in part, offset the sacrifice. I have heard, through posters here, of sacrifice schemes being accpetable, but it will depend on individual circumstances and the relative costs.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:44 am
I agree you should check with your IP first. Bear in mind any savings you make on your expenditure could result in an increase to any contributions you are due to pay into your IVA from your income (but probably worth it for the peace of mind etc)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”