Can I do help to buy scheme post IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
megan
by megan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:47 am
hi, I ended my iva last year, however is on my file until the end of next year. I am looking to move out now am I likely to get a help to buy scheme?.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 am
Have a word with Ryan and / or Shaun ... details here - towards the bottom of the list in yellow: memberlist.php?mode=team

They are both whole of market brokers with experience of adverse credit applications. They can give you advice as to the groundwork you need to put in, but I would say that you are unlikley to get a mortgage on the HtB scheme until your credit files have cleared of the IVA and associated defaults. For clean up info have a look here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:32 pm
Hi Megan,

We'd be happy to advise you of timescales, etc if you were to contact us.

Regards
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:21 am
Hi Megan, yes it's entirely possible (depending on your other circumstances) but in essence that fact that you have had a previous IVA does not exclude you from these schemes.
Kevin.43
by Kevin.43 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm
megan wrote:
hi, I ended my iva last year, however is on my file until the end of next year. I am looking to move out now am I likely to get a help to buy scheme?.

Hello Megan,

I have recently got the mortgage and used the Help to Buy scheme. I would recommend Mike or Ryan from Zebra mortgage.

Regards,
Kevin
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am
Hello Megan,

We would need to check your credit files but, yes, in general terms, we can assist with an IVA once your credit files are all clear. We can use the Help to Buy scheme as well.
Please call Kevin on 10582 450000 to discuss further.

Kevin Bushby.
Zebra Mortgage Centre.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”