Can I get myself removed from IVA register without the help of IVA practitioner?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
JulesJ7
by JulesJ7 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:22 pm
Dear Team,
I was in an IVA which was completed in Nov. 2016. I received the completion statement from Debt Free Direct. However i am still on the insolvency register until today 2018. Which I didn't realise would still affect my credit rating. Can I get myself removed from the register without the help of an IVA practitioner? Or should I hound the company that have taken over from Debt Free Direct?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 pm
If you have the completion certificate and final report you can send the Insolvency Service a copy and they will remove you from the register. There is a link on your results search page to report errors, you can use this to initiate contact.

Your credit rating will still be shot until the removal from the register is reported, by them, to the credit reference agencies and the IVA is removed from their records. This will not happen before 6 years have passed from the start date of the IVA.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:43 pm
Hi Jules,

From your previous posts it looks like your IVA began in 2010 - in that case then yes if you contact the Insolvency people they will remove it and it should also have come off your 3 credit reports. The Insolvency Service normally say it takes up to 3 months to remove it but they should see that an error has been made and take it off much quicker for you, certainly if you speak to someone helpful there they should.

Regards
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”