can i move my iva ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

matt.26

Post by matt.26 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 am
hi i am in a iva at the moment 3 years left to complete and at the moment i am struggling, after the iva has gone out of my wages and other bills are taken i am left with £50 a week, at most, soon as a big bill happens like my MOT recently im crippled. i have tried speaking to them about this but they are unhelpfull and wave bancruptcy in my face to scare me off, this is not a option i want. so far the stress free life of a iva feels like i have plunged in deeper as i can barely afford anything now. any advice or can i move my iva to someone who can complete the term on a better deal

many thanks for the help

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:57 am
Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately it's not possible to move providers without going back to court and it would be very expensive to do that.

Try speaking to your IP directly. You can find them via this link:

http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm

Which company are you with?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

matt.26

Post by matt.26 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 am
heya
thanks for the reply, i thought that was the case. i may talk to the ip direct didnt know i could lol. im with freeman jones find them very un sympathetic the money i give leaves no leeway so i go out of my set marker by £20 im done for. there spending plan seems bad too like £5 for hair cut im yet to find that for under £10 lol. when i talk to them i feel like my dads telling me off. lol.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:14 am
You should not be made to feel like that Matt. I agree with Jan that you should contact the IP directly and ask for a review of your income and expenditure. You have paid for three years and clearly are intent on repaying the IVA so if you need a reduction in payments creditors are normally sympathetic.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

matt.26

Post by matt.26 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 am
ok thanks i will try them hopefully the ip is more "user friendly" than my momey manager, i had to tske a month out before to pay a mot all they did was bump up my payments by £40 a month. making me more skint in process. finding out i could have just added it at end. so far i feel the iva isnt decreasing stress just given a light at end of tunnel with glass and razor blades on route. lol. when i call them they wave bancruptcy at me n say the iva will fail or wat they have given me as expendeture is ample for me. also i am on last month of my car higher purchase and the last month is upped by £70 this hasnt been taken into account. should they have? as they want the extra 114 on top of the 340 they already take. feels never ending so far.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:57 am
This should have been taken into account and a quick call explaining your final HP payment is £70 more than normal should suffice.

Ultimately, your contributions repay creditors but also pay the IP fees and bear this in mind if you feel your service is not good enough.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

matt.26

Post by matt.26 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am
very valid point, feel i need may need to politely remind them of this. obviously my iva may need some adjusting. they are fully aware of all money incoming into my bank as they are my bank. i shall give them a call. many thanks gor everyones help :)

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:21 am
Hi
Ask for a fresh income and expenditure form and fill that in using actual figures. Any missed payments should be tagged onto the end of your IVA rather than trying to catch up each month
Regards
Andam Davies

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:36 am
Have you thought about moving banks? From your posts, it seems that you are with Think Banking, who charge, according to their site, £12.50 per month as a fee for the account. Whilst that may not be a large figure in itself, if money is as tight as it obviously is in your case, then every little extra helps. Also, you have to consider the fact that, because it is a managed account, then they have access to your money before you do, always a dangerous scenario.

Certainly take heed of the wise words of my colleagues previously as regards a fresh I&E, but a free bank account is another step in the right direction as well. Accordingly, I can heartily recommend the Co-Op Cashminder account. The facilities are excellent and there are no charges with it. You can call them on 08457 212 212 and press the # key when you get through.

Good luck and regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

matt.26

Post by matt.26 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:19 pm
thanks everyone for the advice i have called freeman jones up and requested a i&e review and explained. so hopefully we will get somewhere lol. thanks for the co op advice may help as i hate think banking at times my wages are not avail till 12-3pm lol. only problem is coop(smile bank) was a company involved in the iva is this still possible to do?

dw1983

Post by dw1983 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:28 am
Hi there just like to recommend natwest step account you get a visa debit card and dd facility very good account loads of branches around too
Iva completed

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:01 am
Co-op might not be a good idea then. Yorkshire Bank is another one to try.

As dw says, Natwest also come recommended.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:18 pm
It is a shame to read that you are not recieving the assistance you seem to need from your IP firm - and the advice to speak to your IP directly is good as they may be concerned to know that their staff are not assisting one of their clients.

If you are struggling to maintain the IVA paymets, there has to be something wrong with the figures - so make sure you have everything to hand to support your actual expenditure, and contact your IP directly to go through things with you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

matt.26

Post by matt.26 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:15 pm
hi thanks all for the advice, sadly im still getting no further. i am yet to have any luck getting through to my IP. and talking to them has been one person who said they are very "bendable on these situations" after waiting for days on him i call back and speak to a very depressed sounding worker on payments who i have said i dont want to pay a bit a month i cant afford it saus on how about half next month yet im saying my car MOT is £10 less than my iva payment not including the £70 on the end payment for hired car. eventually she goes fine well add a month on. and says anything else. feel very c*appy after that call. and there money manager before basically said they wont do much as everything from a fizzy drink is a luxuary. mighten aswell said your expected to live on bread and water for the IVA. at the moment i feel this was a bad idea tbh.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 pm
Try this link to find you IP and email him/her directly and hopefully then you'll get a response.

http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”