Can I move without a completion certificate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:25 pm
Hi.
I need to sell up and move away asap. Mainly for health reasons.It's supposed to be due in the next 2 months Is it possible to move before it arrives at all?
Thanks.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm
Possible, but not advised. However, it is unlikely that the restriction has been lifted.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:39 pm
Agree with Foggy - make sure it is all sorted.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 pm
There's nothing stopping you putting your house on the market and getting everything lined up as best as you can though.
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:34 pm
Shaun Vickery wrote:
There's nothing stopping you putting your house on the market and getting everything lined up as best as you can though.

But would it all come to an abrupt stop once security checks, financial, any charges on the property are searched?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:11 am
IVAconfused75 wrote:
Shaun Vickery wrote:

But would it all come to an abrupt stop once security checks, financial, any charges on the property are searched?

Yes ... but you have to secure a buyer first -- which will not happen overnight.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:11 am
Would you need a Mortgage on your next property? I ask as that may not be an option until the Completion Certificate has been issued unless you have access to a large deposit.

Regards
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 am
Ryan wrote:
Would you need a Mortgage on your next property? I ask as that may not be an option until the Completion Certificate has been issued unless you have access to a large deposit.

Regards

Hi. I would be moving in with a relative so no mortgage/rent to pay and I wouldn't be going through an estate agent either. It would be a buyer that has the funds ready, so a quicker sale I guess.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”