Can my husband be my guarantor after IVA? His IVA finishes in 9 months.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
julie478
by julie478 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:53 am
i have been private renting for 18 mths, always paid rent on time. My friend is my guarantor, however because we have fell out, she doesn't want to be, i have no family or other friends to ask, i do have my partner who is in a iva, and that finishes November, would he then be able to be my guarantor?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 am
He would probably not get through the credit check until such time as his files clear of the IVA ( at least 6 years from the start of his IVA ). but, after that, there should be no problem. In the meantime check the current Deed of Guarantee carefully -- it may be that the current gurantor cannot simply refuse to continue, depending on that was actually agreed in the first place.
julie478
by julie478 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:57 pm
julie478 wrote:
i have been private renting for 18 mths, always paid rent on time. My friend is my guarantor, however because we have fell out, she doesn't want to be, i have no family or other friends to ask, i do have my partner who is in a iva, and that finishes November, would he then be able to be my guarantor?
Foggy wrote:
He would probably not get through the credit check until such time as his files clear of the IVA ( at least 6 years from the start of his IVA ). but, after that, there should be no problem. In the meantime check the current Deed of Guarantee carefully -- it may be that the current gurantor cannot simply refuse to continue, depending on that was actually agreed in the first place.
i forgot to mention my partner doesnt live with me, he had his own mortgaged house and is not in arrears
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:55 am
The issue will still be his credit rating.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:55 am
...if the landlord consider them.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”