Can my IVA be moved....

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Shelly30
by Shelly30 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm
I'm in a joint IVA with my husband, but he (not me) has today received a letter from our IVA company stating that the IVA is moving to another company and supervisor. Can this be done without our consent? As far as I'm aware we aren't able to move our IVA to another company so why can they?
Advise needed please.....thank you.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:11 pm
Unfortunately it can be done. A lot of companies are transferring cases to other companies. I am sure you will be fine.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 pm
A few companies are on a big case purchasing spree at the moment. It can, and does, happen and is becoming ever more frequent as IP's retire, leave the industry or change the emphasis of their work stream.
Shelly30
by Shelly30 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:29 pm
I'm not happy about this as we've just been assigned a main point of contact due to problems we have had (and who has been brilliant) and now they are moving us. I find it annoying they can move us be we can't move.....
Do you have any experience of Creditfix?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:40 pm
Shelly30
by Shelly30 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 pm
Thanks Foggy.
I've read the link you provided and I'm very worried. I do a lot via email due to being at work and not being able to chat, as it were.
I just can't believe they've done this just as we were getting somewhere with our contact.
And I don't understand why they've written to my husband and not me, or jointly.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:35 pm
Shelly30 wrote:
Thanks Foggy.
I've read the link you provided and I'm very worried. I do a lot via email due to being at work and not being able to chat, as it were.
I just can't believe they've done this just as we were getting somewhere with our contact.
And I don't understand why they've written to my husband and not me, or jointly.

When I was in an IVA jointly with the ex my firm used to just write to me, as I was the main point of contact at this end -- we never got a letter each, except for the completion certificate and report (but by then we were living apart anyway). Like you, and many others, we were sold on from the firm we had chosen to a firm I had previously rejected --- I was not a happy bunny either (and I let them know it !). But, as it happened, things settled down and it wasn't so bad once I had found a regular point of contact in the new firm.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm
We had the same - correspondence was sent to me and not my husband other than the completion certificates or creditor reports.

Like you I emailed my queries due to work commitments - i found this to be good practise as you always had an audit trail should personnel change etc.
recovering
by recovering » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:19 pm
Hi, I was moved to Creditfix about 3 years ago, I was not happy! The initial communication was awful,
But it has been pretty smooth since then. Do not be bullied into accepting any new fees or changes to your terms and conditions if you don’t want to.
Also if you have any questions don’t be afraid to not accept the answers you get from the first line customer service. I have Successfully fought them on a few issues.
Every review has been fine although the first one after the transfer was very late . The equity release which I was dreading was fine
No forcing of the secured loan! I would advise getting the name and email address of your case worker asap and email them directly. I never phone because the wait is endless! Since I got mine it has been fine!
I hope this helps relieve a bit of anxiety for you. I have 2 payments left so will let you know about final bits!!
Good luck
serafina298
by serafina298 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:24 pm
Hiya

My IVA was with Knightsbridge and I noticed this months payment went to credit fix in Glasgow. I was pretty peed off at the lack of communication - but this didn’t surprise me about Knightsbridge and now not creditfix either from what i’ve Read!

I did get a text today though asking me to follow a link to confirm my consent for the new variation in my IVA. The link however went to an error page saying they couldn’t
Find me on their database.

Now from what i’ve read I don’t need to consent? Although Knightsbridge have the worst customer service ever - since setting up and getting initial issues ironed out things have ticked over quietly without too much drama.

Has anyone else received this text? Any advice on how to handle being pushed for consent or told no reply is assumed consent? I can’t get hold of them to tell them their link in the text they sent me is broken - but I’m my eyes that is very much their problem!

Thanks in advance for any advice - am interested to see how this unfolds for those of us moved as based on other people’s experiences from a few years ago it was quite an upset!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:44 am
What is the variation to do with?
serafina298
by serafina298 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 am
Doesn’t say. Literally just got a text out of the blue that said ‘creditfix need your consent to a variation in the terms of your Iva. Please follow the link and instructions’ then follow the link and it doesn’twork.

Shoddy way of communicating if you ask me!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 am
I know in the past CF have tried to increase their fees on takeover, but there could be other issues in the variation. I would write to the IP, directly, by recorded delivery (keeping copies). Advise them that the link in the text is not working and that you will not agree to any variation without the opportunity to consider it first. Also state that no reply to such requests will not constitute implied agreement.
serafina298
by serafina298 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:26 am
Thanks I will do - any idea how I even begin to find out who the new IP is? I’ve had no communication from them apart from a text!

I’ll try calling again tomorrow but the wait time on the phone is so long!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 am
It is possible, though doubtful, that your entry on the Insolvency Register has been amended .... worth a quick look.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”