Can’t speak to IP

4 posts Page 1 of 1
gaynor
by gaynor » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:23 pm
Hi
I’ve contacted my Iva company today to speak to my IP and was told that he was replaced in December last year. I was given name of my new IP but was told that he will not take calls or emails directly and that all questions about my Iva must go through a supervisory ream member who will act oh his behalf. Is this right? I feel like I’m being fobbed off my a call centre and that now I am in an iva I’m just another number on file and so any personal circumstance I wish to discuss will be treated and responded to with a generic answer. Do I have time right to be able to speak to my ip directly if I sp wish?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm
Morally, you should, but, in reality, some firms (generally the larger ones) think that their IP's are above such things !! At the end of the day he / she is the legally appointed supervisor and the buck stops with them. However, there is little you can do when push comes to shove :-(
gaynor
by gaynor » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:02 pm
Foggy wrote:
Morally, you should, but, in reality, some firms (generally the larger ones) think that their IP's are above such things !! At the end of the day he / she is the legally appointed supervisor and the buck stops with them. However, there is little you can do when push comes to shove :-(

Thanks Foggy,
I have found my ips direct email from the insolvency practitioners website but would it be unethical to contact him directly this way?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:04 pm
Not at all ---- I certainly would send the email direct. Which firm is is ?
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”