Can the IVA company take the PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
steven535
by steven535 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:16 am
hi my iva finished in 2016 ,and i since found out that the iva company have ceased trading ,but they still have an interest in any ppi that i may receive now or in the future is this correct. As the insolvency practictioner is now working for a diffrent company and any live case"s was sold on to anorther company but my iva was satiffied and finished before they ceased trading . I owed about £20,000 when i took out the iva and when i had the final statement i had payed back with ppi included around £16,000.
can they still take any payments from me even if it was from 6 years before i entered into the iva and this was not part of the iva as ihad paid this card in full some 3 years before my iva.
thanks steve
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 am
PPI can still be taken, but nothing else.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu May 24, 2018 8:04 am
PPI, and similar refunds, still belong to your creditors, via your former IP or successor, as recenty confirmed in the courts. Some IP's will have no interest and, in some cases, it might simply be uneconomical for the old files to be resurrected and creditors dealt with, in which case the refunds should be returned to you.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”