Our original payments were £300 which increased to £400 and at the last review wanted to increase to £530! We tried to reduce this amount by sending the requested evidence to them. No response was received and today I have received a call from them stating we were now in arrears!! I was accused of receiving an email (which I hadn't) detailing the review had taken place and they said we could afford the new payment - when I asked how much the arrears were she started to manually work them out?? Really!! Surely this should be logged on the account.
Short story - I'm 23 weeks pregnant and can do without the stress this company is causing me. I have no idea how we're going to pay the arrears and dread to think how it will go when it comes to me going on maternity leave and pay.
Any advise would be welcomed.
Send them an old fashioned written letter by recorded post asking them for an explanation of the calculations as to the £530 and a copy of the email you did not receive. Then check how they have arrived at their figures. Also explain that you are pregnant and your I&E is going to change again in a few months time.
I emailed them yesterday following a very unpleasant call with one of their people who told me we were in arrears (first I'd heard). I rarely lose my temper but had to hang up as she talking to me like I was nothing. The email i sent contained a timeline of dates and details of the correspondence we have had since January this year detailing where I have replied but no response has been received from them. Due to their lack of responses we are now in arrears. I asked for a copy of the email but the girl said she couldn't send it as she didn't send it in the first place, so I've also asked for that email. Due to all of this I've asked for a statement of the account.
I've detailed my maternity leave in the same email and await their response.
I just feel like the account isn't being handled correctly and I'm very frustrated
I feel like I have a constant battle with this company. An example one of the issues last year was they demanded an RX1 form, something I informed them they had with the original paperwork/proposal. They tried to breach me for it, even though I'd resent the signed document! Doesn't leave us with much faith in them I have to say.
Thank you all for the advise. I'm sure I'll be asking for more in the coming months
I would also include a paragraph along the lines of 'if I have not heard back from you in 14 days time I will have no choice other than lodging a formal complaint against you' .... I think you have patient enough now !
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, Vincent Bond and Co Ltd will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location