can you include a mobile phone contract

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

robert.hn

Post by robert.hn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:00 am
can you include a mobile phone contract that still has 15 months to run and i have a arrangement with a debt company for £60.00 on an old debt which has still aprrox £800 left can i include that. Approx how long does the whole process take to complete a iva and make the first payment.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:14 am
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You can include a mobile phone contract - are you in arrears with this? You can also include the other debt.

Timescales vary but are typically 6 to 8 weeks from start to finish. Obviously if things are complicated then it could take longer.

I recommend that you speak to a professional. Visit www.iva.com for list of companies and reviews and give one or two a ring. The advice is free and impartial.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:15 am
Hi Robert and welcome to the Forum.
Any debts can be included and this includes cancelled mobile phone contracts, CCJs, HMRC debts etc. The process itself takes about 4-6 weeks depending on the complexity of the case and how quickly the information is provided. Your first payment is normally made at this time or shortly afterwards.

Contact an IP firm for some free advice and good luck.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”