Cancelling my IVA application?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
abigail
by abigail » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:42 am
My IVA has been approved but the meeting with the creditors hadn’t taken place and would like to cancel. What would be the process and cost of cancelling at this stage? It was approved on the 25th of July
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:56 am
abigail wrote:
My IVA has been approved but the meeting with the creditors hadn’t taken place and would like to cancel. What would be the process and cost of cancelling at this stage? It was approved on the 25th of July

If it has been approved on the 25th then the meeting took place on the 25th ... depending on what you mean by "approved".

If you just mean that the IP and you have agreed the terms, then it can be stopped anytime just by telling the IP. Depending on who you are with, you might still have to pay the fees. Most firms do not charge at this stage, but some do.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:01 am
I agree we need to know more information - how has it been approved if no meeting has taken place?
abigail
by abigail » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:44 pm
“If you just mean that the IP and you have agreed the terms, then it can be stopped anytime just by telling the IP. Depending on who you are with, you might still have to pay the fees. Most firms do not charge at this stage, but some do.”
That’s what I meant, thanks for your response. It’s really helped
:wink:

Foggy wrote:
abigail wrote:

If it has been approved on the 25th then the meeting took place on the 25th ... depending on what you mean by "approved".

If you just mean that the IP and you have agreed the terms, then it can be stopped anytime just by telling the IP. Depending on who you are with, you might still have to pay the fees. Most firms do not charge at this stage, but some do.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:02 pm
Was it approved or not?
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”