Car finance after IVA completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
maxieboy
by maxieboy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:21 am
My sister is at her wits end. After finishing her 6 yr IVA paid in full with extra PPI and bonuses. She has struggled all this time with me helping her out when I can. She has A GOOD JOB in City for Lawyers. She had the bad luck of three month after certification coming through her trusty car broke down and can not be fixed. She has no savings of such and no lease company will let her have credit .can you advise how she can carry on and get to work. She lives rural and needs the car just to get to stations as no public transport. I dont drive so I can't lease for her. any solutions please Hate to see her so dejected and struggling with her health now. Thank so much. She was with Cambridge Duffy. finsihed in April.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:48 am
I am afraid that, for the time being, she would be stuck with sub-prime lenders (costing more) at least until her credit records clear up. Several posters have used Moneybarn in the past, although I have no recent examples.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:30 pm
Moneybarn are pretty much your only hope as far as I am aware. Their APR is substantially higher than high street lenders or lease companies, but they are sympathetic and approachable. Like Foggy I have no examples to share with you.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:36 pm
Is there any chance you or a family member could help out with a lease car?
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”