CC removed from my online banking

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
OooNutty
by OooNutty » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:43 am
Hi, today I logged into my old bank account having created a new one in hopes the IVA gets accepted and I noticed straight away that my credit card had been removed and my current account showed an overdraft limit at 0...previously £200. The loan I have with the bank remains to be seen but no action can be taken on it I.e. pay it.

Is this a sign of things to hopefully come? I know it's just 1 creditor but I do hope it looks promising. My meeting with creditors is on the 4th July hopefully.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:12 am
I am afraid that you can't read anything into it. Different creditors react in different ways. But your IP would not submit a proposal if they did not think it had a very good chance.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:36 pm
It just shows that your Bank know of your interest to go into an insolvent state and have made a quick reaction to prevent you taking any more credit from them. It does not necessarily mean that they are going to vote in your favour.
OooNutty
by OooNutty » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:33 pm
Surprisingly I received an email today saying my IVA has been ACCEPTED :D

Over the moon and a huge weight has been lifted, very relieved. It was a good job I didn't get a phone call to discuss any modifications, I was at work!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:44 pm
Good news - well done!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Welcome to the journey -- remember ... we are always here.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:21 pm
I take it from your surprise that you didn't know, or forgot, that your meeting was today? Anyway, good luck on your debt free journey.
OooNutty
by OooNutty » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:39 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
I take it from your surprise that you didn't know, or forgot, that your meeting was today? Anyway, good luck on your debt free journey.

I received 2 emails. The 1st email stated that my meeting was on the 29th June. Then shortly after I received another email with a revised date for the 4th of July.

Luckily I didn't miss any phone calls or anything. Just a text saying please contact to discuss your IVA outcome and 2 emails with 1 saying it had been accepted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”